• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Montysmum
    Junior crafter
    • May 2018

Scrapbook advice please

Hi All - I am new to scrapbooking and thought I would like to put together a book for my brother and soon to be sister-in-law (kind of like "The story of us").The biggest issue I have is that I only have access to photographs of them from various holidays and nights out. Do you think this would still work? Having browsed various sites, many books include special tickets, menus etc which I just don't have.

Thanks in advice for reading and any pointers.
  • craftdancer2
    Super Big Crafter
    • Mar 2018

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I don't really know anything about scrapbooking, so I'm not sure any opinion I express would have a lot of value, However, even though you have access only to photos of them on holiday etc, perhaps you could add copyright free pictures of the places where they went on holiday or a picture of some food they might have had or a cultural landmark of the area etc. Along with a few words to reflect the occasion I'm sure you could make some very attractive pages.

Linda

Comment

• Caroleecrafts
      Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
      • May 2008

The holiday pic's would be fine. How about using a die cut for a ticket and making up your own, Etsy have this sort of thing that you print off and cut out. Using your computer to print details before printing out. Pieces of say ribbon or lace to match a dress she was wearing. die cut rings for the engagement. I have done junk journals which are of a similar ilk. You could also add some pretty envelopes for them to add their own bits.

Comment

• Montysmum
        Junior crafter
        • May 2018

Thanks for your reply and ideas, I feel better now about getting started and adding to the photos I already have.

Comment

• craftdancer2
          Super Big Crafter
          • Mar 2018

Glad we could help.

Do post some pictures when it's done and has been received by your brother and his fiancee.

Linda

Comment

• 3dDave
            Super Moderator
            Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
            • Aug 2012

I think that once you get going, you will be surprised where the ideas come from. Sometimes it all needs a kickstart.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
            X