Thursday 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caroleecrafts
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • May 2008

Thursday 22nd

Morning All

Hope you are all warm, we were expecting ice this morning but so far okay.

Off to Alton Waitrose to spend my vouchers. Sent WR and email about the fact I shopped online a bit off to send vouchers only valid in the shop. They apologised and are sending me a gift voucher! Also sent and email about a chicken delivered on the 15th dated the 16th they refunded the price of the chicken, even though okay to cook and eat. Pays to complain and not accept these things lying down.

Not making anything atm cannot be bothered and seem to have been l;anded with things to do in the garden instead! Apparently Lee said he could not dig up the daffy bulbs and move as needed a delicate touch, yeah right!!!!! Now I have had my mitts on them will probably snuff it any way! Had a casualty one of our little chaffinches flew into the window, so sad as he was the one that used to sit on the windowsill and ask for food. Hate it when this happens.

Oh well better get ready. HAGD x
  • craftdancer
    Super mega big crafter
    • Jan 2006

Morning all. Bright, frosty and vvery cool this morning - seems we can only have sunshine if the temperatures are close to zero, the moment a hint of warmth arrives it's overcast and raining.

Finally got everything but the produce for the event sorted yesterday. Did the provisional stock list for produce, after doing a quick stock take. Will try and get stuff sorted into transport boxes today.

Not sure what else I'm doing today. Ought to get back to some cross stitch - haven't touched it for a few days. Won't be watching much Olympics now we have very little national interst - BBC kindly showed the last stone of the 9th end of the mens attempt to get into the curling semis. Not going to be worth watching the rest of the match

Sorry about your chaffinch Caroline - it is always sad when that happens. We have only small panes in our windows, and I don't clean them as much as I should, although the professional comes round every few weeks and cleans the outside, and I think that reduces the chances of birds trying to get through the glass.

Hope everyone else is OK.
    HAGO
    Linda

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
      • Feb 2010

Morning all.

A tad chilly this morning and forecast is for worse over the next few days to a week. At lease little rain due. They have shut the stones at Avebury as the site is waterlogged hping it will drain over the next 3-4 weeks.

Shop day but have to spend it doing paperwork as I should have cover today. Had fun helping Pete to get some photo's done of the new Ikebana vases for the RHS events yesterday. Still didn't get any pyro done but have done a lot of research for some new work.

Couple of years ago we had a green woodpecker fly into the greenhouse, such a shame. Not a mark on it killed outright.

Have a good day all keep warm.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

• davesmeg
        100+ crafts club
        • Jun 2017

Morning all.

Chilly but bright again.

Didn't get to the farm yesterday. No matter.
        Today looks like it will be as much housework as I can handle. Still not shut of this cough yet.

Later all. 'wave
        Smeg.

Comment

• Chriscella
          So much more than a moderate crafter
          • Feb 2018

Morning all, grey and chilly here. The dog is all bouncy because it is dry and that to her means we should be sat outside, as is made obvious by the way she is trying to herd me to the back door then bouncy through the dog flap to look at me expectantly. Tis not happening!

Just want to put it out there (as I can see you can see who is online) I am not constantly sat on the forum. I have a bad habit of opening a window, reading a bit then going off for a wander. I do it on FB all the time!

Comment

• Lilly42
            Super crafter
            • Feb 2018

Morning all,

Cold, dry and grey here not too bad, don't have to go anywhere so I am just going to stay in and warm.

Had a fun afternoon yesterday sorting my boxes of scraps, there were some actual pre scored 5" x 5" pearlesent cards so I set myself a little challenge to make a card on one of these blanks only using things I had already die cut. Came up with a lovely little Xmas card but I am going to have cut 4 little snowflakes to finish it off, it just needed something. I will post a picture when its finished.

I am still watching the Olympics even if we haven't got many left, it is still interesting and fun to watch.I also have multiple allegiances so I can cheer on more than just the UK

Shame about the little birdie, had a little sparrow do it to the shed window years ago, at least it was quick.

As I type the sun is trying to come out, looks nice out there, bet its really cold though.

Going to spend the afternoon die cutting, in preparation for a batch of Xmas cards on the new card blanks.

Have a fun day and stay warm all.

Comment

• Chriscella
              So much more than a moderate crafter
              • Feb 2018

Er, evening. Just want to apologise. I just looked at the recent posts and I seem to be all over the board (/me looks sheepish). Very sorry 'bout that. Just excited to finally will myself to join a forum where I can chat about this stuff. I'm sure my exuberance will calm down soon!

Comment

• Caroleecrafts
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Chriscella View Post
                Er, evening. Just want to apologise. I just looked at the recent posts and I seem to be all over the board (/me looks sheepish). Very sorry 'bout that. Just excited to finally will myself to join a forum where I can chat about this stuff. I'm sure my exuberance will calm down soon!
                You will get used to it soon enough Chris

Comment

• craftdancer
                  Super mega big crafter
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chriscella View Post
                  No need to apologise - it's refreshing to have someone with so much enthusiasm around, and on the whole we're very tolerant Carry on!

Linda

Comment

Working...
                  X