Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Default User is banned

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Models like these are licensed and cannot be reproduced

Default User is banned

Ah! I suspect that the man who invented that board game, designed those minis would disagree that the models are free of any type of trademarking... he makes his living out of selling the game and its add ons! I could be wrong, but it would be remiss of anyone not to highlight the potential for error in DIY making them!

Many other forums and ages are run by fans, hobbyists and, as such, often do give lots of helpful tips on How To. However this forum is full of full time crafters, not hobbyists, but people who make their living designing and selling their goods. They are VERY aware and respectful of another designer's intellectual properties.

Yes, sadly, this forum is quiet these days. It was one of the earliest and busiest forums, supporting both professional and hobbyist crafters of all sorts. These days, with the advent of Create and Craft, people being more open to blogging, facebook etc etc, we are much quieter... but as you can see, we do still respond to new posts.

It is sad that our ethos does not meet your needs, I wish you well in your endeavours.

(On a personal note, can I point out that your initial post was incredibly dismissive of someone elses design and creativity... that, and your desire to rob that someone of his well earned remuneration, was incredibly rude and never going to be well received here... or any other forum full of people who make their living from hand crafting)
    Do not watch this space

Default User is banned

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Hi Bob, I have to disagree, if you copied a Disney or Stan Lee design without permission and got caught doing it, if they so wished, and Disney have “Spotters” trawling the internet for copyright offenders...they could practically take your house away in fines in court, claiming “Fan art” may work under U.S. copyright law, it doesn’t under UK copyright law if the oroginal author chooses to object...and sue.. The only reason we ask for 25 posts is so that we get you to use the forum before posting links in threads however, you could put three of your own links in your signature box...and even post photos from day one. We prefer links in posts least anyway because it can be seen as a potential sales post which we do not allow because the forum administrators charge people to advertise.
    Glad you have at least got a satisfactory reply even if it was from somewhere else.

Dave.

Thread Information