Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Lilly42 is offline Member So much more than a moderate crafter

Default Some of my recent cards

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

I thought I would post some of my recent cards, 3 for Valentines, 1 which is a ahead start on Christmas and 1 for Chinese New Year. Oh and one I made for a good friend who loves bikes but not xmas as much I I really enjoy paper piecing and have just started using a Xyron and this has made it so easy and clean - no glue.

I am going to do a little tutorial about using the Xyron because when I first got it I was very disappointed because it wasn't as I had hoped, I had stringy glue where I didn't want it and my cards were being ruined. So after some research and trial and error I have come up with a fool proof method which I want to share with people. I have the 5in and have ordered the 9in and when that arrives (end feb) I will put together a little pictorial and text tutorial.

Anyway I hope you enjoy them

P.S. if anyone has any tips how to get better photos I would appreciate any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

craftdancer is offline Banned Super mega big crafter

Default User is banned

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

Caroleecrafts is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Very pretty Lilly

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly42 View Post
    I thought I would post some of my recent cards, 3 for Valentines, 1 which is a ahead start on Christmas and 1 for Chinese New Year. Oh and one I made for a good friend who loves bikes but not xmas as much I I really enjoy paper piecing and have just started using a Xyron and this has made it so easy and clean - no glue.

I am going to do a little tutorial about using the Xyron because when I first got it I was very disappointed because it wasn't as I had hoped, I had stringy glue where I didn't want it and my cards were being ruined. So after some research and trial and error I have come up with a fool proof method which I want to share with people. I have the 5in and have ordered the 9in and when that arrives (end feb) I will put together a little pictorial and text tutorial.

Anyway I hope you enjoy them

P.S. if anyone has any tips how to get better photos I would appreciate any help.
    You can buy a lightbox or YT can tell you how to make one...spreads light evenly for better photos.

Dave.

I have a an A3 LED light box. How would you suggest using it, under the cards over the top ???? I have tried using it but not had much success. i have just brought a new phone with a much better camera, anti shake, 13mp and some reasonable controls. I bought a stand for the phone, that wasn't much help.

I can't decide if I should take the photo from above with card lying flat or standing up. If you look at my FB page you will see all the pictures look like they have been taken at different times but they were done in batches so should have some consistency.

Its the one thing I feel I need to improve as I want my work to look the best it can, most of my cards do not look as good as they do in real life.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

MornieG Jewellery is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Lovely cards Lily.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Caroleecrafts is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

I think Dave means a photographic light box Lilly like this one. I also use photo boards and put my iPhone on a tripod. I use my iphone as get better pictures than the camera, they are sharper and more true to life colours. You can now get lenses for phones, that is on my Christmas list, lol

Ah ok I see, well I made a box like that and put my A3 LED panel on the top but it seemed too bright even on the lowest setting, everything seemed bleached. I have a tripod for my phone too, it was ok but every time I pressed the button to take a picture the phone moved so I had to hold it steady.

I will keep trying, as I said I have a new phone with a better camera so it might help. Maybe I need to make a taller box so the light is further away, worth a try I think.

Thanks for the help.

I think lightboxes are for diffusing natural light without getting harsh highlights....put the lightbox in somewhere like a bright conservatory and let it diffuse that...natural light is always best I find.

Dave.

Thread Information