• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaolaG
    Junior crafter
    • Dec 2017

My recent projects

Hi, I'm new at the forum and thought I could share some photos of the cards I've made. Please tell me what you think, any feedback will be welcome. Just wanted to have a general opinion of my work as I'm thinking of the possibility to start selling cards online.
    Many thanks
    Attached Files
    PaolaG
  • craftdancer
    Super mega big crafter
    • Jan 2006

Welcome to the forum.

Your cards look to be of a high standard of work - they're not to my particular taste, but I have very odd tastes There will be any number of people who would adore receiving one of your designs.

Linda

Comment

• PaolaG
      Junior crafter
      • Dec 2017

Thank you very much for your message.
      I have very odd tastes as well , I usually like what other people don't, hehehe. What style would it be of your taste if you don't mind me asking. I'm still in the research step and I'm looking at other handmade greeting cards available in the internet to see what kind of styles are on the market and what kind of fresh ideas I can offer (if I can).
      Again thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it and it's very useful to have an opinion from somebody else than just my family.
      PaolaG

Comment

• 3dDave
        Super Moderator
        Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
        • Aug 2012

Hi, nice work, are they hand cut?.....I wouldn’t do papercut cards personally because you won’t sell them for enough to cover your time plus there are lots of machine cut imported cards available now in the shops..... framed hand cut designs however sell for a lot more for pretty much the same subjects....I always cut text in positive as opposed to negative cutting and would never swap and change fonts in a piece of work but that’s just my personal choice 😉

Dave.🤓
        Last edited by 3dDave; 15-12-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Caroleecrafts
          • May 2008

So pretty and I love butterflies

Comment

• PaolaG
            Junior crafter
            • Dec 2017

Thank you Dave!
            Yes, they are hand cut. Thank you very much for the advice! I have so many ideas in my head so I try to make a sample of different styles to see how it looks and also to evaluate the time it takes me to make them and also the cost. I love the idea of framed hand cut designs, that's something I will definitely consider to make as well. I've just finished a portrait using the papercut technique, it's the first time I make something like this. I will post a photo later on a another thread.
            I have other styles of cards I made but I wanted to have an opinion about the papercut technique because I'm not very sure, as you said, it takes a lot of effort and time to make and if it's not a popular choice maybe I should concentrate on a different option.
            I have posted some photos of previous cards I made for friends and family. What do you think?
            Thanks again
            Attached Files
            PaolaG

Comment

• PaolaG
              Junior crafter
              • Dec 2017

Thank you very much Caroline!
              PaolaG

Comment

• 3dDave
                Super Moderator
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by PaolaG View Post
                Thank you Dave!
                Yes, they are hand cut. Thank you very much for the advice! I have so many ideas in my head so I try to make a sample of different styles to see how it looks and also to evaluate the time it takes me to make them and also the cost. I love the idea of framed hand cut designs, that's something I will definitely consider to make as well. I've just finished a portrait using the papercut technique, it's the first time I make something like this. I will post a photo later on a another thread.
                I have other styles of cards I made but I wanted to have an opinion about the papercut technique because I'm not very sure, as you said, it takes a lot of effort and time to make and if it's not a popular choice maybe I should concentrate on a different option.
                I have posted some photos of previous cards I made for friends and family. What do you think?
                Thanks again
                They are nice cards, love the flowers...
                The papercut technique for cards is a nice personal way to make a card for someone, its just that card makers never seem to be able to get a realistic price to cover labour and costs because people don’t want to pay handmade prices due to the fact they can walk into a card shop and buy them for pence..that will always be what you ate up against...framed work for example sells and sells well. You are welcome to click either of my links below to see my work...my profile picture is also a framed paper cut.

Dave.

Comment

• PaolaG
                  Junior crafter
                  • Dec 2017

Thanks a lot Dave! I will definitely have a look at your work. Thank you for your advice.

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
                  They are nice cards, love the flowers...
                  The papercut technique for cards is a nice personal way to make a card for someone, its just that card makers never seem to be able to get a realistic price to cover labour and costs because people don’t want to pay handmade prices due to the fact they can walk into a card shop and buy them for pence..that will always be what you ate up against...framed work for example sells and sells well. You are welcome to click either of my links below to see my work...my profile picture is also a framed paper cut.

Dave.
                  PaolaG

Comment

• Lominiisse
                    Junior crafter
                    • Jan 2019

Looks great never managed to do the thing in such an accurate way

Comment

Working...
                    X