Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Sunday 13th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Sunday 13th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Morning All

Woke to another beautiful day, makes one feel so much better when the yellow blob is around. Off for a long walk then not sure as found there is a record fair at the Phoenix Centre about 2 miles up the road. Lee is thinking if he should go was not keen then he found that his old mate Ben was joint organising the event, which means Kevin will be there, which in turn means records to buy........ Did think about walking through the Shipwrights Way to it but think may be a bit far for hound as will be hot by then, the car it is.

Have the snowmen to put together but they will not take long, then can start on a new project now Santas or Gril stuff bags? decisions, decisions.

Have a safe trip Mo & Pete and enjoy yourselves. What sort of books do you read Linda?

HAGO xx

davesmeg is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Morning all, is it bed time yet?

Definitely not in the mood to sit in a cold and dusty hall today. It would be bearable if there was internet available but there is no phone signal for about a quarter of a mile.

Sales yesterday were not bad surprisingly, despite the frequent heavy rain in the morning.
    Lots of interest in the wedding set.
    Still need to get some oils for the Christmas range this year. 2015's scents didn't sell. 2016's hampers became gifts to friends and family. This year, if we ever get to make them, will probably go the same way.

Customers yesterday were saying that there is a dog show at the venue today. Hope we get lots of customers.

Good luck to anyone out today.

craftdancer is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

Morning all. Bright and sunny, but still a bit on the cool side at the moment. Rising temperatures promised, but we shall see.

Good day yesterday - 20 minutes in the garden yielded another 2kg of blackberries, and can't even see where I've been to pick them! Used 1kg in plum & blackberry jam and the rest went in the freezer. Spent a couple of hours washing and sorting 2 buckets of plums - made the jam and also a batch of plum chutney. Started off the morning using some donated blackcurrants for curd.

Obviously, lots of labelling and packing away to do now. Also need to start off some blackberry vinegar as realised I sold out a few weeks ago. Will check through remaining plums to see if any have ripened enough to make the next batch (spiced plum jam with walnuts is on the list). Roofer coming round this morning to see what can be done about the ingress we had during the torrential rain on Tuesday. Athletics on this afternoon and evening. Bit more enthusiastic about watching this last day after the brilliant performances yesterday

Sounds like you've got plenty to keep you occupied today Caroline; hope you enjoyed the walk.
    Hope Pete & Mo are/had good trip to Cornwall and that Dave's event was thronged with people wanting to buy! buy! buy!

I read light-weight fiction Caroline - historical based on fact, detective/mystery of any era anything from Cadfael to 20thC lady detectives, stuff based on observations on life, village life etc. If it's well written I'll read it. What about you?

HAGO
    Linda

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good luck today Dave. Sometimes you can lose the will to live at these events, think we have all been there and will be there again!

I read mainly simply detective stories not blood and gore such as Miss Seaton, I find the Kathy Reichs books too much for me now. Also books such as Jenny Colgan style. Have loads of the latter in a box as read, you will have to let me know if interested as could send them to you to recycle. Happy to send you the author and titles list.

craftdancer is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    I read mainly simply detective stories not blood and gore such as Miss Seaton, I find the Kathy Reichs books too much for me now. Also books such as Jenny Colgan style. Have loads of the latter in a box as read, you will have to let me know if interested as could send them to you to recycle. Happy to send you the author and titles list.
    I've read a couple of Jenny Colgan novels and enjoyed them for what they are, and like the sound of Miss Seaton

Sent you a pm

Linda

I love the books that are set around a business. Jenny Colgan is all about a sweet shop in Scotland.

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good evening all.

Had a lovely time in Cornwall. #1 son had no idea we were going to be there and seemed genuinely delighted that we made the trip.

Traffic was horrid untill we got into Cornwall then it thinned out but took best part of 5 hours as we did a small detour to collect #1 grandson on the way. B&B was great 5 mins walking distance of our final destination so we could have few drinks at the party. Beautifully decorated Victorian Villa with seating area in the bay window, generous bed of crisp white linen, immaculate ensuite shower room and delicious breakfast. Although we didn't use it the guest lounge looked lovely as well. Can highly recommend it as somewhere to stay in Truro if anyone is interested. Might use them again at Christmas for two or three nights. Late night though, didn't get to sleep till nearly two then up again at 7.30 although I woke up twice before I finally got up.

Long drive back again this morning but much quicker even with a stop for a coffee. Had time to do a bit of grocery shopping when we got back but absolutely cream crackered now and work again tomorrow. Think we will have a very early night.

Garden needs watering and only fancy cheese on toast for tea.

Hope you had a good event Dave. Hope the repairs re not too expensive Linda and the Christmas stuff is coming on a treat Caroline.

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

bodrighy is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
    only fancy cheese on toast for tea.

Have a good evening all.

Mo.XX
    Don't think we have any fancy cheese dear, have to make do with mousetrap.
    Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    My Craft Shop: Facebook

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bodrighy View Post
    Don't think we have any fancy cheese dear, have to make do with mousetrap.
    Pete
    Pedant !! You had fancy cheese on toast for tea, it had tomato under it !!

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Thread Information