Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    masonk is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

Default Adivice/help please

I am new to this website so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong bit. I handmake bits and pieces for weddings and I need a cheap website or advice where I can buy blingy nevklacrs or jewellery in order to do my crafting. Ebay is too expensive and time consuming. Can anyone help reccomed anywhere worldwide that I can try.

davesmeg is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Sorry, but if you think ebay is too expensive then you are not going to get anything.
    Crafters here will make bespoke jewellery and the price will reflect the time and love put into each piece.

Quote Originally Posted by davesmeg View Post
    Sorry, but if you think ebay is too expensive then you are not going to get anything.
    Crafters here will make bespoke jewellery and the price will reflect the time and love put into each piece.
    I think you are misunderstanding me - or am I misunderstanding the forum?? I do my own crafting which uses broken pieces of jewellery or pretty brooches to make wedding items, which I am hoping to sell , for at least a bit of a profit, hence I am trying to get cheaper supplies of diamanté etc. Hopefully the finished items will also reflect the time and love I put into each piece.

craftdancer is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

Quote Originally Posted by masonk View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding me - or am I misunderstanding the forum?? I do my own crafting which uses broken pieces of jewellery or pretty brooches to make wedding items, which I am hoping to sell , for at least a bit of a profit, hence I am trying to get cheaper supplies of diamanté etc. Hopefully the finished items will also reflect the time and love I put into each piece.
    In this situation I would suggest that charity shops (you may need to ask them as they are unlikely to put broken pieces on display), house clearance/auctions and car boot sales might be good places to source potential materials, also a request on a local freecycle or similar site might yield something. To the uninitiated broken jewellery is something to be thrown away unless there are precious gems/metal in the item.

I am sure that you realise that you will never find a regular source of materials and will need to keep looking and asking in all sorts of places.

Linda

Hello Linda - thank you for that helpful advice. I have tried car boots, eBay etc bu just wondered if any crafters out there knew of a website in America or China, for example, where I can buy cheap costume jewellery without having to spend hours each week searching th internet etc. Thank you once again for your response.

Thread Information