• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classical Genesis
    100+ crafts club
    • May 2008

Advice Please

Well, I've started posting on the forum again after an absence of over three years and what a change there has been in that time. My craft is curtain making, which I have been teaching for the last 10 years. I loved posting here but just couldn't afford the time to enjoy myself here. I have retired now and find that I have more time on my hands so I though that I would rekindle my happy relationship with The Craft Forums.

I would be pleased if some of you would be kind enough to answer a few questions for me?

I am having some difficulty with photographs and am just coming to terms with new methods for attaching them. When they appear in posts the pictures are very small, in fact so small I can hardly see them. Can these be resized in the posts please?

I would load more pictures into my pictures folder on the forum but the allowance is very small and I will soon fill it. If I load via a URL then will the picture disappear if the URL changes. I have come across this as all the pictures from my previous posts have now disappeared because I stopped using my Keep and Share cloud storage?

Do the pictures which I load from URLs go into my pictures folders and take up space there?

Are there any new methods which have not been written about for uploading and resizing pictures.

When I log out and try to use the forum as a guest I can not see any pictures in any post and seeing as 95% of the people now viewing the forums are guests then is this not a little counter productive where the issue of encouraging new members is concerned ?

I am sorry this is all a little jumbled but I would appreciate some a little help and guidance, after all I am getting on a bit now and not as quick as I used to be.

Many thanks ~ Clive
    Last edited by Classical Genesis; 17-05-2017, 12:59 PM.
    Learning together for profit or pleasure
    I could be unhappy with my life but someone keeps sending me spring

Blog https://classicalgenesis.wordpress.com

• craftdancer
    Super mega big crafter
    • Jan 2006

Welcome back Clive.

Sorry, I can't answer your questions (not sure I even understand them properly) being an IT dinosaur, but I'm sure there's someone here who can give you some sensible information.

Linda
    Last edited by craftdancer; 15-05-2017, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Classical Genesis
      100+ crafts club
      • May 2008

Linda, It is a joy to hear from you, you're right, someone will but right now I really appreciate your post ~ Clive

Comment

• 3dDave
        Super Moderator
        Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
        • Aug 2012

Hi Clive, I upload into my album directly from the pictures folder on my computer, I don't resize, I click the picture in my album to open the picture, I highlight and copy the BB link under the picture and copy/ paste that onto a thread. My photos take up half a page when I post them....

Dave.

Comment

• Classical Genesis
          100+ crafts club
          • May 2008

Need to try that Dave, I'll come back to the thread and report tomorrow. Thank's so much for posting ~ Clive

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
            • Feb 2010

Welcome back Clive.

Sadly the form is not so active these days but the old stalwarts are still here LOL

I download from my files too as Dave does. You can either click on the picture icon or scroll down once you have selected add new post to manage attachments and do the same. The thumbnail will be blown up to full size if anyone clicks on it ............ like this

Pear Bowl with Red Admiral, Long Tailed Blue and Wall Brown Butterflies with of course a bee..jpg

Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk
            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

• Caroleecrafts
              • May 2008

Welcome back Clive. I just click the photo image and upload, never altering the size

Comment

• indri
                Super Moderator
                Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
                • Jan 2007

I just upload to the post I am typing, though if it is a reply to a previously started thread then I find when writing a reply tou need to press the "go advanced" button below the reply box.
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

• Classical Genesis
                  100+ crafts club
                  • May 2008

My goodness, I've done it and not by any means described here. Dave I need to go over your method again in the morning.

Meanwhile check this out ~ Clive

https://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?90086-Back-to-the-Beginning&p=651133#post651133

Comment

• Classical Genesis
                    100+ crafts club
                    • May 2008

Resizing Imiges

It was so easy in the end, it's surprising the small things that elude you. Dave had a good solution by taking the image from his computer into his photo album on the forum. When you use the BB link from your album and post it into your thread the image appears full size and if it is an inherently large image then it will swamp the page. sadly there is no way to resize this image so one can go from the sublime to the ridiculous.

If you bring an image in directly to your thread from either your computer or the photo select button in the advanced dialogue box it will appear as a postage stamp size image like this one.

Double Pleat + 2 Half Spaces Seperate 3D.jpg

You don't have to leave it like this though. If you double left click on the small image it brings up the following box where you can choose to resize and reposition your image left, right or centre. You can do this in either of the posting mediums, advanced or edit. This is a screen shot of the box you will see.

Screenshot 2017-05-16 07.19.27.jpg

So the game is up, no more worry over posting thumbnail size images in threads, Phew, thank goodness for that !!!

There are a number of other questions to answer though so if anyone can help I would be very thankful. I am very grateful for all the contributions so far ~ Clive

Last edited by Classical Genesis; 16-05-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• LeesaJohnson
                      Moderate crafter
                      • Jul 2017

Yes, you can resize it.

Comment

Working...
                      X