Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

greannancrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Here we go again - same old rant!!!

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Do you have a website?

Are you trying to engage with potential customers?

Please, please keep your site and messages up to date - I have seen hundreds of craft sites this week stating " Christmas events" "2016 events" - "Valentine special offers" etc

Your comments - discuss?

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

craftdancer is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

Instant way to lose potential custom and returning custom.

I hate it when things like this are obviously well out of date and immediately leave the page - there's so much choice out there people can't afford to lose visitors/customers because of tardy admin.

You can't run a craft business simply by being good at the craft, you need to have numerous business skills as well.

Linda

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Yep, me too, if they can't put in the effort to keep it up to date, makes me wonder what their customer service is like....I leave too.

Dave.

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

I normally update after an event and remove said details. Must admit met another crafter at my last event on 10th Dec or thereabouts and she still has all of last years events on her website. Does not look good and if I was a customer would doubt the business was still running.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    I normally update after an event and remove said details.
    That's because you're conscientious.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
    Must admit met another crafter at my last event on 10th Dec or thereabouts and she still has all of last years events on her website. Does not look good and if I was a customer would doubt the business was still running.
    Absolutely, and if she can't provide quality and accurate information I would seriously doubt the quality of her work, maybe incorrectly but first impressions and all that.

Linda
    in ar$3y old woman mode again

Me too, I always try to keep my events up to date and my seasonal stuff current. Another big bugbear of mine is bad spelling and grammar. It looks so unprofessional, it's just lazy in these days when spellchecking at least is easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesul View Post
    Me too, I always try to keep my events up to date and my seasonal stuff current. Another big bugbear of mine is bad spelling and grammar. It looks so unprofessional, it's just lazy in these days when spellchecking at least is easy to do.
    Yep! Another thing that puts me off considering any purchase from a web site - if they can't spell properly or put apostrophes/commas etc in the right place ...................

Linda

I have recently had far too many sightings of a facebook "Mr Motivator".I am sure he means well but, as a 50 year old woman, I don't really respond well to a video of a 40 ish male, baseball cap on backwards, pointy finger to the fore, chuntering on to his bro's about 'keepin' it real, doin' it 110%'.

He was quite dismissive when I pointed this out (on a closed page, businesses talking to businesses about marketing and such). Apparently, as a 50 year old woman I a) should not be in bizniz for myself, innit! b) should not try to put down the youth when it is doing better than what you is and c) shouldn't get hung up on details.

He deleted his post after about 500 members pointed out his many errors!

I know it will be no consolation, but there are business people hell bent on ruining their own businesses all over the place. I have no idea how they get to be so blind to their public presence and I have always wondered if they ever work out that an out of date, vaguely illiterate, obnoxious presence is worse than no presence at all!
    http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/ Where I have Adventures in Sewing

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Thread Information