• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiarna
    Junior crafter
    • Feb 2017

Help needed

Hi everyone, my name is Tiarna and I am a final year student studying Product and Furniture Design at Ulster University.
    I am looking to ask some people interested in craft and upcycling a few questions to help with my final and major project.

I aim to produce a piece of upcycled furniture but first I need to gain knowledge and experience in the area.

If any of you could take 10 minutes of your time to fill out some questions I would be very grateful

1. Do you buy or make upcycled furniture?
    2. Any reasons you prefer upcycled furniture?
    3. What do you think you gain from upcycling?
    4. What do you think it important when upcycling?
    5. What materials do you use/prefer?
    6. Where do you source your materials?
    7. Do you feel that there is an environmental benefit to upcycling, or is it purely for aesthetic reasons?
    8. Would you value an upcycled piece or a high value designer/manufactured piece of furniture more highly?

Any help or opinions at all would be really helpful and thank you in advance!
  • MornieG Jewellery
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • Feb 2010

Hi Tiarna and to the Crafts forum.

I think for a survey like this you should set one up on Survey Monkey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/user/sign-in/ then post a link to it. Some of these questions are more than one line answers and maybe some people don't want their answers viewed by others.

I was a wood furniture and product designer for 30 years in the top end of the market and if I can be of any help private message me on here and I will try and help you.

Good luck with your project.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
    X