Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Sunday 19th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Sunday 19th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Good Morning Crafters

Hope you are all well, I am getting there each day is better. Can now understand why the Queen was laid so low with this, horrible, don;t any of you lot get it.

Did nothing yesterday will try today but if not so be it. found the Blackheath Poisonings on box set, quite a good cast but acting a bit wooden at times, third episode to go and still not sure 'who done it'

HAGO

craftdancer is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

Morning all. Very mild and we have some sunshine at the moment. The wind is due to gather pace and the "feels like" temperature to drop accordingly while the sun may go off and visit other places.

Glad there seems to be further improvement Caroline, but please don't try and do too much today. It sounds like a really nasty bug and will take longer than you might hope to shake it off fully.

Managed to get a couple of batches of apple jelly made yesterday before OH was up and about and getting in my way; just need to label the jars. Can't put them away until I've been in the store room and had a complete shuffle around/tidy up (I have OCD where this sort of thing is concerned and they HAVE to go in chronological order or I'd spend far too much time trying to sort out which I can/want to take to events and which aren't ready!) Was hoping to do another batch this morning, but he's already up - he might snooze this afternoon so I'll see what happens. Not sure what else I'm doing - kitchen floor needs hot soapy water and scrubbing brush on it, and there's plenty more craft stash to be sorted and packaged.

Have a great day and enjoy the spring sunshine if it reaches you.
    Linda

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning all.

Glad you are both improving Caroline but it is a long haul so do take care.

It's not raining and fairly mild for a change.

Off to the Giant Flea Market at Shepton Mallet in a few minutes, 250 stalls, we may be some time LOL

Have a good day whatever you are up to or just enjoy dong nothing.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Nice day here in Reading today, having a chill out day as yesterday was busy.

When my mum died in 2001, we got permission to plant a Magnolia tree and put her ashes beneath it, in the little Memorial Park in London where she and Dad did their courting before they married. Then after my dad died in 2014, we placed his ashes there too. Now, every year, we descendants meet there to touch base, catch up and remember our lovely parents/grandparents. They got engaged on Valentine's Day 1951, so we try to meet as near to Valentine's Day as we can. My two sisters, brother and I always make it, and as many of our own kids as can manage come along too. There's a nice little cafe nearby so we all warm up afterwards with tea, coffee and food.

It's a 2 hour drive each way for me, longer for my brother. But it's lovely to keep in touch with roots, and I felt very 'grounded' on my drive home, which was nice.

The only downside is, we're getting older, and for my older sister and me it's not so easy these days. She's on crutches at the moment and I have arthritic knees, so today I am paying the price for all that driving and walking around! But it's worth it.

And when I checked my emails this morning I fond I've had two sales on Etsy last night, so all is good.

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

That sounds a really lovely way to remember them both. Hope the knees are getting better now.

The Flea Market was great took us 4 hours to get around it with a half hour stop for lunch in the cafe. The outside stalls were more interesting for us although we didn't buy much in the end. Pete got a couple of bowling balls for the lignum vitae they are made of which is very expensive, some large test tubes for post vases and a couple of old turning chisels. I bought nothing, unheard of, going shopping and bought nothing LOL Things I liked but not enough to buy apart from a book which I will get cheaper on Amazon used books. There was a stand there with some awesome upholstery and curtain fabrics and I resisted the fabric too. Next one is on Easter Sunday, think we will go again if the weather is reasonable.

As we ate out I don't have to cook tonight which is nice.

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Thread Information