• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ISMILES
    Junior crafter
    • Dec 2016

First time candle making

Hi,

i am very new to candle making, i am in the perfume oils business, now that ive got that set up and running. i want to transfer my oils into candles.

only one problem i have never done it and most the you tube videos don't help an idiot lol.

i will tell you what i've got:
    1 x 500g eco soya wax flakes
    1 x soya wicks lx10
    1 x metal centering device for wick
    1 x 1ml frangrance pippettes
    1 x wax melting pot
    1 x digital thermometer probe
    5 x 50ml love heart shape tin empty
    1 x 100ml empty tin
    7 x 10gram of dye colour flakes

now i just wanted help is how do i measure, how much wax i need and how much color flake i should use and most importantly how much fragrance oil to put.

is there a formula for example in perfume making we work on 100%. so we can use 80% alcohol and 20% perfume oil.

all help will be appreciated.
  • Watersignbaby
    Junior crafter
    • Dec 2016

Hi

It does depend on the dyes you use but I tend to use 1-2g of dye per 100g of soy wax and 6 - 8mls of fragrance per 100g of soy wax. Anymore fragrance than 8mls would be wasted.

Don't forget you have to get your wax to the right temperature to add the dyes and add the fragrance just before pouring once the wax has cooled a little.

Pauline

Comment

• Ofer
      Junior crafter
      • Jan 2017

Dear Friends,
      Would someone assist in instruction (video) how to produce the candle in the photo?
      All the best,
      Ofer

Comment

• craftdancer
        Super mega big crafter
        • Jan 2006

Welcome to the forum.

I am unable to help with your query as I have no knowledge of candle making, but I believe there are a number of members who visit the forum on occasion who may be able to help.

Linda

Comment

• LilianJones
          Moderate crafter
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Ofer View Post
          Dear Friends,
          Would someone assist in instruction (video) how to produce the candle in the photo?
          All the best,
          Ofer[ATTACH=CONFIG]45840[/ATTACH]
          Have you made candles before?

Comment

• Ofer
            Junior crafter
            • Jan 2017

I made some soap and simple candles. For this candle I need veterans help.

Comment

• LilianJones
              Moderate crafter
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Ofer View Post
              I made some soap and simple candles. For this candle I need veterans help.
              If you havent made complicated candles before you need to start with the basics and not try and jump to advanced technoques.

Get to grips with making taper candles - its much harder than it looks - before you try to replicate the image.

Comment

• cone20
                Junior crafter
                • Oct 2018

Just in case if you will face a very common problem about the candlelit, here's a little trick: cut away some wax at the top of the candle around the wick. Keep doing this until the wick can support a flame. Also, have a little experiment with using some Beeswax. And don't use the cheap one, sometimes it might have petroleum which causes an awful smell. <a href="https://oilscenter.com/beeswax-yellow" target="_blank">Beeswax Yellow</a> is my choice.
                Stay in the light!

Comment

Working...
                X