Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Monday 19th

Caroleecrafts is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Default Monday 19th

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Good Morning Crafters

An odd day, have some errands to run: bank, docs, run out of mayo you get the picture a day of nothings and we are due for a smattering of rain.

I put the wheelie bins out last night to help DH, get a knock on our door from our neighbour I had put out green and black, should have been green and brown!!!! He sorted it out for me, what it is to have good neighbours or was he just being nosey . Only joking they moved into next door almost the same time as us and been neighbours since 1989. Out of 10 houses still have 4 of the originals.

Have fun

MornieG Jewellery is offline Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Good morning crafters.

Back in the shop today. Lost count of how many times I woke up last night :-( Quite like Monday's in the shop I have good volunteers and can do the window if I have time depending on how much stuff comes through the doors.

Bits and pieces to do for Stockbridge, setting up Thursday. We are still trying to decide on what to take LOL probably take the lot and decide as we set up.

Weather has reverted to Autumn I think.

Have a good Monday all.
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

craftdancer is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

Morning all. Autumnal weather here today too. Rain at the moment, but it's the light stuff that sits on the surface of absorbent materials and slowly soaks its way through. Fortunately, I don't plan on going out anywhere today.

Kitchen is cleaned and tidied, one cat fed - the other one is well and truly ensconced on the settee and isn't showing signs of moving any time soon.

Not sure what I'm doing today. Looking at a route to Manchester for Saturday. Having been warned of roadworks and road closures I'm trying to find out if it affects my route and the best way to reach my destination. Got some jars of preserves to be labelled and to put in the stock room somewhere.

Hope the doc is happy with your progress Caroline and that no further treatment will be necessary.

Hope you have a good day in the shop Mo - window display done with no unnecessary interruptions, only decent donations received, and lots of straightforward sales.

HAGO everyone.
    Linda

Morning all - still quite bright here but the heating kicked in this morning so obviously the temperature is dropping (which isn't too bad a thing considering how horrible it has been trying to work in the high heat we've had recently).

Back to normality today after a wonderful weekend which saw us head to Manchester for my amazing stepson's wedding. Was such a fantastic day with perfect weather & our new family member looked beautiful in her sparkly gown. Was very emotional with plenty of tears throughout the service and evening.

Sadly got to go back to work today but get paid this week so that makes it all worthwhile

Still working my way through orders but hopefully I will be able to concentrate better now that the big day is done and everything went perfectly. Really must focus on Christmas stock too as my first fair advertised specifically as a 'Christmas Fair' is in a couple of weeks followed by a few of my (normally) good events so need to have plenty of stock in as I don't have the making time I had last year. Fortunately have booked a week off between my two big shows so should be able to really crack on then.

Hope your event goes well Mo & Pete and Linda and anyone else who has them this coming weekend. People do seem to be shopping earlier for Christmas each year so I'm sure you'll all do fantastically well...

Must finish eating now so I'm not sitting with indigestion all afternoon.... have a great day whatever you are up to!

Happy Crafting...
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

indri is offline Super Moderator Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!

Good afternoon everyone! I took a long walk to hobbycraft in my lunch break at work. I needed some yarn, and my wool shop didn't have anything I liked and I didn't fancy the trip to the post office to pick up a parcel so decided to try an actual shop. Bought something ready for my next project.

It's been drizzling most of the day here, but it appears to have stopped for a little bit.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

nattynetty is offline Super Moderator Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!

We've had no rain today and this afternoon was a bit muggy but definitely starting to feel a bit autumnal.

Stop-start day today as day 1 of getting our boiler and radiators replaced, chap had to get National Grid out as something iffy with our supply (potentially dangerous he said ) so not as much got done as hoped today. Hoping the temp doesn't drop too much in the night as we have no heating at the mo but luckily he's keeping the emersion heater in situ until the boiler gets connected so at the least we have hot water to wash with

Had a very successful day with the Sunday crafts in the library yesterday, lots of happy children going home with caterpillar pegs they had made We will be making owls in a fortnight time so got to get cracking with the display. My volunteer at the library is on her hols at the moment and asked me to pop over and pick any fruit and veg that was ripe so they didn't go to seed so I've been dishing out tomatoes, beans, chard and apples to our neighbours today

craftdancer is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

Quote Originally Posted by nattynetty View Post
    We've had no rain today and this afternoon was a bit muggy but definitely starting to feel a bit autumnal.

Stop-start day today as day 1 of getting our boiler and radiators replaced, chap had to get National Grid out as something iffy with our supply (potentially dangerous he said ) so not as much got done as hoped today. Hoping the temp doesn't drop too much in the night as we have no heating at the mo but luckily he's keeping the emersion heater in situ until the boiler gets connected so at the least we have hot water to wash with

Had a very successful day with the Sunday crafts in the library yesterday, lots of happy children going home with caterpillar pegs they had made We will be making owls in a fortnight time so got to get cracking with the display. My volunteer at the library is on her hols at the moment and asked me to pop over and pick any fruit and veg that was ripe so they didn't go to seed so I've been dishing out tomatoes, beans, chard and apples to our neighbours today
    Sounds like a great day all round for you Netty.

Great news on the children's crafting - catch 'em young And lucky you being able to gather home grown fruit and veg. I've had to leave our stuff this year - OH (again!!!) hasn't cut a path through the shoulder high nettles, thistles and other weeds so I can get to the apple trees, I can't reach the elderberries (too many weeds in the way) and I have no space in the store room or freezer so I've left the blackberries for the birds. I might have a look and see what the rose hips are like, but not very enthusiastic at the moment.

Linda

Thread Information