Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Thread: Scrap-booking

e.rodger is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

Default Scrap-booking

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Hi,

I am not an arty/crafty person but I want to make a memory book/box or a scrapbook of memories for 2016.

Could you give me any ideas or websites where I can buy something to put my memories in?

Any help/ideas would be great!

Thanks

craftdancer is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

Welcome to the forum.

I think your idea is lovely, but unfortunately I don't do scrapbooking so have no idea about sourcing materials. I'm sure someone will be along who can give you some useful advice, but please be patient as not all members visit every day.

Linda

Christa is offline Senior Member Mega Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by e.rodger View Post
    Hi,

I am not an arty/crafty person but I want to make a memory book/box or a scrapbook of memories for 2016.

Could you give me any ideas or websites where I can buy something to put my memories in?

Any help/ideas would be great!

Thanks
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

Not sure where you are based but there are lots of places to get supplies either online or in bricks and mortar shops...a lot depends on the kind of scrap booking/memory recording you want to do.

If you don't have a lot of time to devote to this and/or don't fancy the more traditional scrapbooking with layouts and embellishments based around a photo set, you may find something along the lines of project life might work for you. Its basically a system of pocket pages and project life cards that can use to build up your system with a mix of photos, ephemera and journaling to suit your own needs

There are no hard and fast rules with this type of craft and you can mix and match to suit yourself. Best advice initially would be to decide on what type of scrapbooking you want to do and then research the available materials. Hobby craft and The Range do a decent selection I am told (I don't have either near me so I can't confirm that) and there are hundreds of online suppliers out there...but initially you may want to go and see and touch the stuff for yourself to get a better idea of whats out there. You can save a lot of money of you want to make some of the things yourself rather than buying ready made... but it depends on how far you want to go.

Looking to see if there is a local crop near to you might be a good idea... These are usually great fun, a bunch of scrappers get together to work on their own projects but share ideas, tips etc and there is often the chance to try products and equipment before you buy. There is normally a small chare to cover the cost of room hire and refreshments but its good fun and you would probably pick up, loads of useful info on what is available in your area.

Good Luck building and recording your 2016 memories

MustardS is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Christa has given you some very good advice. Above all, I'd say that there are no 'rules' when it comes to scrapbooking - although I've come across a scrapbook teacher who would disagree! - your scrapbook, your decisions. There are lots of youtube videos on scrapbooking, magazines and books in the library to get started. The main thing is to take the plunge and enjoy the process.

Thread Information