• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fruitlollies
    100+ crafts club
    • Apr 2013

Using Fruit Creatively

I have been making different ice lollies using fresh mango, strawberries and tinned pineapple. Mango and pineapple is one of my favourite flavours. I like to add the strawberries to the pineapple and mango blend as it gives scope to use a little creativity and it is nice to have a contrasting colour and flavour. With a slight raise in temperature this weekend I thought I’d share.

www.fruitlollies.com - quick and easy recipes

• StefC
    Super Moderator
    Mega Crafter
    • Feb 2011

And to think... I have never clicked on your website link before... I am off for a long look at the fruit bowl
    Do not watch this space

Comment

• fruitlollies
      100+ crafts club
      • Apr 2013

If you are making your own home-made fruit ice lollies make sure the fruit you use is ripe for optimum colour, flavour and sweetness. An unripe fruit can spoil an otherwise tasty ice lolly! This is one of the reasons I use the tinned pineapple it's sometimes quite tricky getting the fruit you want to use ripe at the same time.

Comment

• Eyebright
        Super mega crafter
        • Dec 2011

Wow they look absolutely yummy! I'd love to try one

Oh I've just been looking at your website and can't wait to make some lollies, my son only eats grapes so it would be brilliant to improve his fruit intake.
        Last edited by Eyebright; 11-07-2015, 04:17 PM.
        "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

• Lucy Blossom
          Mega Crafter
          • May 2013

They look delicious - off to find an ice lolly in the freezer. Not nearly as nice as yours though
          Lucy Blossom
          Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
          https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

• greannancrafts
            Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
            • Oct 2008

I make ice lollies for bbqs - I add prosecco to a load of cut up fruit - lovely on a hot Summers day

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

• fruitlollies
              100+ crafts club
              • Apr 2013

Thank you for all your comments. Our children used to enjoy putting the fruit mixture in the ice lollies moulds. Once you know how easy it is to get two different colours/flavours from one recipe there are lots of different ice lollies you can make. Our children made the ice lollies in the link below by simply spooning in the different coloured purees and creating a marble effect. They were always very pleased with the results. There is always that element of surprise before you take them out of the mould as you never quite know how they are going to turn out.

I had to check what prosecco was. My mind was doing overtime it sounded a little like the sauce used on paste but that didn’t make sense. It makes perfect sense now I know it’s a wine. I have heard of people using grape juice like you use the prosecco, though I've never tried it myself.

Comment

• indri
                Super Moderator
                Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
                • Jan 2007

I have ice lolly moulds i bought in the winter in a sale that i haven't got round to using yet. I will have to find space in the freezer for them now!
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

• fruitlollies
                  100+ crafts club
                  • Apr 2013

Once you get in the swing of making the ice lollies it can be slightly addictive! There is always another fruit combination to try out or a pattern to be experimented with. I am in the process of making different fruit ice lollies with the mango, pineapple and strawberry fruit combination ready for my facebook page and every time I think there can't be any more another pattern idea pops into my head!

Comment

• CoffeeAndTV
                    Moderate crafter
                    • Nov 2016

Ooo they look v similar to fruit pastille ice lollies! They were always my favourite when I was a kid!

Comment

Working...
                    X