Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    barndive is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Etsy, the possibilities are endless! Also, don't be afraid to join facebook groups and or forums with interests similar to yours. I personally found facebook groups quite helpful, people are more than glad to exchange links of their websites there.
    AskŚ MŲbler - Swedish furniture and crafts shop

Quote Originally Posted by Bath-Bomb.Com View Post
    One of the best ways to build up back links is to put a link to your website in the signature of any forums you join - then post ...not talking about posting about your products or any kind of advertising (that just annoys other forum members)...just chat to people, offer helpful advice. The more you post in forums the more backwards links you get on the 'net
    is there any other forums beside this? I can't seem to find any other craft forums, and most things are no follow links :s

Quote Originally Posted by barndive View Post
    Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Etsy, the possibilities are endless! Also, don't be afraid to join facebook groups and or forums with interests similar to yours. I personally found facebook groups quite helpful, people are more than glad to exchange links of their websites there.
    I wish! I haven't had such luck! I want to collab with someone so bad!

3dDave is online now Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Hi, the only link that actually works in your signature is the dot com one ( unless its different on a laptop, Iím on an ipad). You might get more followers and interaction if you put the full page address in so they can click and get dropped right on it instead of having to try to find you because of a failed link.
    Unfortunately most craft forums are suffering due to FB popularity. Most FB groups donít allow sales posts unless its the weekend and donít like you posting from your business page only your personal page unless it a weekend.

In your signature box you can put four links in over 5 lines.

Dave.
    Last edited by 3dDave; 06-10-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dDave View Post
    Hi, the only link that actually works in your signature is the dot com one ( unless its different on a laptop, Iím on an ipad). You might get more followers and interaction if you put the full page address in so they can click and get dropped right on it instead of having to try to find you because of a failed link.
    Unfortunately most craft forums are suffering due to FB popularity. Most FB groups donít allow sales posts unless its the weekend and donít like you posting from your business page only your personal page unless it a weekend.

In your signature box you can put four links in over 5 lines.

Dave.
    The website link works correct? the one in my signature. I will add social media ones then-not too bothered about those, just trying to help my PR increase on my website itself. Kinda running out of options!

Is there any craft directories you know if, that accept banners in exchange for links, or one off payments that do not cost an arm and a leg :/
    I see there is a directory here? but can't seem to find out much about how to post, cost etc.

3dDave is online now Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

Its the social media ones that gather your audience and point them toward your website. If you arenít getting traffic anywhere then you have to ask yourself if what you are promoting is actually what people want? I also noticed you do a lot of giveaways, all that does in my opinion is gather a following of people just hoping for a freebie. A lot of crafters I know use Linktree which looks like one page where all the other places you are get linked together, sends people to it usually from a bio link in IG.
    Craftmasters is also a popular FB group for getting out there more.
    I personally donít know of any other craft directories or forums, I only use Social media.
    You can advertise on here but you need to contact the administrators for rates, mods have nothing to do with that side, ďContact usĒ link is usually atcthe bottom of the page.

Dave.

Thanks dave. I am getting traffic- now on pr2 and going up the ranks on craft wbesite stats- started at 400! now 130 and going higher each day.My facebook is picking up too- but mainly from paid ads. I wanted to focus on the site and google, to get the ball rolling, so that more people on the site= more shares and unique links, and of course more people being aware of my site.
    Never heard of linktree, I will look into that.
    Yeh.. I've been in two minds with the giveaways. The rules I give though, is the reason behind it. 1 giveaway is for most active facebook user- so I have a lot of people now sharing my posts, commenting, which gets their friends etc to see my page and like it , they tag people too. Then the 2nd giveaway is for a craft recreation, and that's to sort of build up my brand. I am checking the progress though and weighing it all up.
    Thanks for everything

Quote Originally Posted by 3dDave View Post
    Its the social media ones that gather your audience and point them toward your website. If you arenít getting traffic anywhere then you have to ask yourself if what you are promoting is actually what people want? I also noticed you do a lot of giveaways, all that does in my opinion is gather a following of people just hoping for a freebie. A lot of crafters I know use Linktree which looks like one page where all the other places you are get linked together, sends people to it usually from a bio link in IG.
    Craftmasters is also a popular FB group for getting out there more.
    I personally donít know of any other craft directories or forums, I only use Social media.
    You can advertise on here but you need to contact the administrators for rates, mods have nothing to do with that side, ďContact usĒ link is usually atcthe bottom of the page.

Dave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information