• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paper Rosie's
    Moderate crafter
    • May 2013

Wedding stationery

Can anyone advise me on laws of use of dies for making and selling wedding stationery?
  • Christa
    Mega Crafter
    • Aug 2010

Most die manufacturers are fine with you using their dies in order to make an end product which you will then sell, it is the selling of die cuts they object to - for obvious reasons... Some do have usage limits and the safest thing to do is to check the angel policy of the company/ies that make the dies you plan to use and know you are not in breach.

Comment

• Paper Rosie's
      Moderate crafter
      • May 2013

Hi on my previous question. I read a lot of angel policies saying not for mass production or made mechanically ... can make for charity or personal use. Can anyone please clarify. I have my own business page. Can I make, advertise and sell wedding stationery which obviously is sold in big amounts. Also I've read limited amounts of any design can be sold in any year. I'm just so confused by all this. I love couture, crafters companion, tonic among others. My plan I'd hoped was to have a die cut stationery section on my page but I'm really worried if I do that I'll be in trouble

Comment

• Christa
        Mega Crafter
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Paper Rosie's View Post
        Hi on my previous question. I read a lot of angel policies saying not for mass production or made mechanically ... can make for charity or personal use. Can anyone please clarify. I have my own business page. Can I make, advertise and sell wedding stationery which obviously is sold in big amounts. Also I've read limited amounts of any design can be sold in any year. I'm just so confused by all this. I love couture, crafters companion, tonic among others. My plan I'd hoped was to have a die cut stationery section on my page but I'm really worried if I do that I'll be in trouble
        Basically the answer seems to be no. You cannot .

Crafters Companion allow hand crafted completed items (no mechanical production) to be sold providing credit is given to CC on the back and no more than 200 items are sold in any 12 month period. You also cannot sell online or in retail outlets so you would be restricted to in person, crafts fairs and party selling type events, so they are definitely out for what you have planned.

Tonic also insist on hand crafted finished items and have a limit of 500 items or packs of items (where they are always sold in packs) in total. There is no limit for personal or charitable makes but again these would be out for your purposes.

I can't find anything at all for Couture Creations but its probably similar as most manufacturers have restrictions on how their products can be used, which is why many people starting a wedding business will go the route of using die cutting machines that use files so they can design their own -often loosely based on what is already out there butavoiding the usage policy issues.

Comment

Working...
        X