• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craftysw
    Junior crafter
    • Jan 2015

Alphabet dies in different sizes like sizzix shadowbox

Hi everyone my first post do hoping to find the answer to this. I am new to scrapbooking and completed a mini workshop last year, during the day I used the die cutter and sizzix alphabet shadowbox dies- these are chunky shaped dies which have a smaller and bigger size of the same letter. This means you can layer them and make 3d effects.
    I've looked this particular die up and looks like you can only get from ebay in America and they all go for over £60. Does anyone know an alternative that could be used instead? Many thanks
  • 3dDave
    Super Moderator
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • Aug 2012

Hi, welcome to the forum, sorry I can't help, all my work is hand cut, no machines, someone will happen along with the answer. You could always print them out in set sizes and hand cut them.

Dave.

Comment

• Craftysw
      Junior crafter
      • Jan 2015

Thanks for your reply Dave, my hand cutting is not very neat and I will need lots of lettering so think die cutting is only way to go
      Thanks though

Comment

• MustardS
        100+ crafts club
        • Dec 2011

Hi! Unfortunately you have found that buying dies can be very expensive. There are other ways of adding text to your pages without dies, such as stickers or rub on letters, or even printing whatever and using that, or Dave's suggestion of printing and cutting by hand. Even if you buy the dies, you may find you want other fonts. If you buy a Cricut, or similar electronic cutting machine, you can buy different cartridges with different fonts, but that's not cheap either.

Comment

• Christa
          Mega Crafter
          • Aug 2010

I think Memory Box may do something similar and Robert Adams are worth a try too. It can be worth investing in a decent classic font.

Comment

• Craftysw
            Junior crafter
            • Jan 2015

Thankyou everyone. I completely understand about scrapbooking usually calling for different fonts etc and therefore buying dies expensive. However I am a social worker and make scrapbook life story books for children about why they are in care therefore I only anticipate using the chunky easy to read font which I why I found the sissiz shadow box ideal. Because they don't sell in UK anymore I can only find on America ebay and wholst the dies themselves go reasonably priced (between 20-30) it's the shopping that places an extortionate extra cost onto it which is why I wondered if there was any alternatives around in UK. I may just have to be patient and keep searching for an ebay bargain

Comment

• Craftysw
              Junior crafter
              • Jan 2015

Thanks christa I'll check those out

Comment

• MustardS
                100+ crafts club
                • Dec 2011

Aha! Good luck with finding something suitable for the life story books.

Comment

• TheTinMan
                  Moderate crafter
                  • Jun 2015

Might be a bit of a long shot but have you tried gumtree. I managed to buy a whole load of sizzix dies on there just last week.
                  My handmade magnetic tin sets for sale - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262087356731

Comment

Working...
                  X