Ads

Collapse

Crochet - ripple pattern or granny squares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhichCraftEurope
    Junior crafter
    • May 2014

Crochet - ripple pattern or granny squares?

Hi all,

I am learning crochet, and I'd love to have a go at a small blanket for my god-daughter. I love the ripple pattern, but I also have a gorgeous pattern for a blanket made of granny hexagons, which appeals to my preference for geometry!

Which one do you think I should try for a starter project? Which one is less likely to look daft if I make the odd mistake?

Looking forward to your views on this topic.

Steph
    mail: [email protected]
    web: www.whichcraft.co.uk
    facebook: which.craft.73
    pinterest: whichcrafttoday
    twitter: whichcrafttoday
  • Tedz
    100+ crafts club
    • Sep 2014

They're both fairly easy, but I would say the granny squares would be less likely to show any small mistakes. Just do it slowly, checking regularly as you go, and unpick it if you notice a mistake....then you can do either pattern. Stating the obvious here I know, but I'd go for whichever one you prefer the look of.
    Charlotte x

Comment

• indri
      Super Moderator
      Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
      • Jan 2007

I guess If you notice a mistake with 1 granny square you can either unpick just the square (or hexagon in your case) or leave it out of the final blanket. With the other pattern if you don't notice a mistake too quickly then you may have a lot further to unpick. I usually make patterns I like the look of, as I get more incentive to finish the pattern.
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
      X