Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

I haven't been here for a while, I think it is a little sad that a thread designed to ask people to be considerate to new members degenerates into insulting them.

Being an existing member in my mind (even a long standing one) does not entitle you to berate people for their lack of knowledge or business savvy. That is part of the reason I haven't been here for a while and I was pleased to see that it has been acknowledged my mods if not exactly embraced my some members.

woodtattoos is offline Super Moderator Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beadtopia View Post
    I haven't been here for a while, I think it is a little sad that a thread designed to ask people to be considerate to new members degenerates into insulting them.

Being an existing member in my mind (even a long standing one) does not entitle you to berate people for their lack of knowledge or business savvy. That is part of the reason I haven't been here for a while and I was pleased to see that it has been acknowledged my mods if not exactly embraced my some members.
    Hear hear. Now this thread started with good intentions and has been hijacked a little along the way. To summarise...

Please do not insult other members.
    Positive and constructive advice is encouraged by everyone, please just make sure that you are not rude or insulting when you phrase your post.
    Any posts or PMs reported as rude, insulting, etc, will be dealt with in the same way, no matter how much experience the person creating the post has. We do not treat people differently based on their length of membership on the Forum, business background, etc... manners cost nothing at all levels.

I think the thread has achieved all we wanted to try and raise awareness of, so therefore I am going to close it shortly. I don't want a repeat of the incident a few years ago where a thread such as this became miscontrued, with some members sending PMs around to stir up support for their point of view and create 'sides'.

At the end of the day, we are all here to enjoy a friendly and supportive Forum where we can all share experience, tips and crafting knowledge.

Please treat everyone in the way that you would expect to be treated, regardless of whether you are offering praise, feedback, advice or just chatting. And don't be surprised when the moderators do their job and moderate in response to issues raised!
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information