Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Card Readers

MornieG Jewellery is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

Helen we have a paypal reader and an iZettle one. The izettle is ore reliable and has better after sales service. Same price and % as paypal, easy to use and money in your account very quickly too. Regarding the charge most people have electricity supply option at events. I f you don't get one of the little chargers, costs 10 or less that you charge up before you go then you can run the credit card handset off it if it runs out.

Mo.XX

Mo.XX
    Mo. MornieG Jewellery.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

AnnieAnna is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

Yesterday on the tele they highlighted the Square (SquareUp). I looked it up and it seems to cost a one off payment 39 plus VAT then a charge on each transaction. It takes contactless and I saw something about card not present (I need to read the fine print properly). It plugs into your phone. They've been using it in America for a while and it's being introduced over here (I need to check the dates of the review). The money quickly goes into your bank account. It seems to fuse the good points of Chip and Pin and PayPal Here.It has a very bad side. Poor customer support and something where it blocks you if your transactions go over a certain amount. The amount seemed to be in the thousands so I don't think it would affect me. For anything over 100 I like to be paid by cheque or BACs. At fairs my customers are paying from 1 to 50. I'm wondering if it's worth a punt? I'm finding all my young customers want to pay by contactless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information