Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

kingrolo is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

Default Turquoise bracelet is appearing Blue?????

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

I am at my wits end trying to get a half, decent photograph of a handmade bracelet.
    My problem is this is supposed to be turquoise, and its coming up more blue than green.
    I am no expert at taking photographs but I have learnt quite a few things when working with this picture.
    I must have taken a few hundred photos changing various settings on my camera. (Cannon Powershot sx150 IS)
    I have had no colour problems with other pictures and have been able to get some good results but this is driving me crazy.
    I use elements 9 but the colour variations are changing the whole picture.
    As I want to upload this bracelet and a few others of similar colour onto my website, I do not wish to mislead customers with a completely different colour. if that makes sense.
    Can anyone help please
    MarieIMG_3858.JPG

Sometimes I have similar problems with my photos of my cake decorations and cards. It's worse when photos are taken under artificial light, but I still have problems with natural daylight too.

I use the Automatic Colour Balance on Paint shop pro and this usually fixes any mis-representation of the colour. I expect other photo editing software will have similar features. Sometimes it can be your monitor that displays the colour differently, but in my case this doesn't seem to be the case as the colours look the same on my online photos whether they be on my pc (where all the photo editing is carried out), my laptop and my parents' ipad and pc.
    Carol
    Pop Up Zoo Greetings cards - Raising money for Sands in memory of my precious son Ben Folksy Shop, Facebook Page, You Tube
    Carol's Yummy Bakes - My new business Website, Facebook Page

Personally I think people often worry a little too much about misleading the customer. The picture looks fine to me and I would be inclined to concentrate on the description of the item more. You can spend all the time in the world correcting the colour for your monitor and making it look perfect, that won't help you with the millions of other monitors that people are viewing your item on.

That said if you're using Photoshop Elements you should be able to select the colour channel you wish to change, i.e. instead of changing the colour of the whole image you can select the blue channel only and make the blue's slightly greener.

Ivy is offline Member So much more than a moderate crafter

I think your photos are lovely and your jewellery is fabulous. The colour is fine. I love the way you have a 'collage' effect for your pieces.
    Ivy

The picture I'm seeing is pretty turquoise (I have a well calibrated monitor), but as said above, no two monitors are the same and it's a particularly difficult colour range to get absolutely right.

Did you shoot the bracelet on white, though? If so, then I think you need to get a bit more light in, and possibly adjust your white balance, as it's looking quite a long way off white at the moment, and I suspect this would make more of a difference to the finished image than trying to tweak the bead colours.

AnnieAnna is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

I made a website for a fabric seller and the 'wrong' colour was driving me mad. I resorted to altering the photos in Photoshop but I agree it'll still look different on different monitors.

3dDave is offline Super Moderator Super mega big crafter

If you are absolutely not happy with the colour then take it in a natural light setting for the best colour saturation.

Dave

Thread Information