• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shellmarks
    Junior crafter
    • Sep 2010

First time...

Hi all, I'm very sorry for this question as I'm sure you have been asked a million times over now, but I'm new (if you couldn't tell) and I want to make my first scrapbook for our wedding. I want all my ideas to go down in the scrapbook so then Paul (partner) & I can go though it and decide on what we want theme wise, etc. (wedding isn't until Oct 2012)

I don't have a clue where to start as I haven't a clue where to buy all the basic's to get me off the ground. (I've been told not to shop @ Hobbycraft)

Please can you point me in the right direction of where to buy - I'd rather visit a shop than online as I don't know what I'm looking for, so being able to walk around, touch items etc would give me more inspiration - I think...

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and hopefully any helpful advice
  • claireybear
    Super crafter
    • May 2008

Do you know if there are any scrapbooking / craft shops near you? There are lots of them around. Whereabouts in the UK are you?

If you fancy having a browse online too, www.theglitterpot.co.uk is a good site with lots of lovely stuff! I wish I lived near enough to it for a visit!

Comment

• Shellmarks
      Junior crafter
      • Sep 2010

Hi,
      I'm Wokingham. Thank you for the link, I will have a look for ideas.

Comment

• baybii
        Junior crafter
        • Nov 2010

Hi, welcome! Im also new to scrapbooking & my insparation came from looking on youtube, just type 12x12 scrapbook layouts & people on there explain some of the materials they use..I find looking on youtube very useful..I buy my materials from ebay as some crafters sell their stuff at a bargain..good luck with your search which ever you decide,if you wish to chat more please feel free to contact me via my profile.x

Comment

• cazzie
          Moderate crafter
          • Aug 2010

I would research around for the materials that you want etc and then go on ebay to try and get them. It is the best place to pick stuff up from
          www.paperherts.co.uk

Comment

• Bekka
            100+ crafts club
            • Nov 2010

If you can, I would try and find a class or crop near you so you can meet some other scrapbookers who can guide you through.

I do teach scarpping but you are a fair way away from me - although I will be starting some virtual classes in the new year. I will however ask around and see if I can find you anyone closer to you :-D

I am sure you will have a lot of fun with it.

Bekka

PS - congratulations on the upcoming wedding!
            Bekka Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
            Contact me for Papercraft parties, classes and supplies. Please visit my web site www.feeling-crafty.co.uk , or my blog www.feeling-crafty.blogspot.com ,or find me on Facebook

Comment

• CraftWorld
              Moderate crafter
              • Jun 2011

Hi,
              A lot of the materials I use from scrapbooking don't come from special scrapbook shops, all though that might be due to the fact that the part of the world where I live in only has a small but active online scrapbook community. I just use bits and bobs from stationary and book shops
              A whole world of crafts, cardmaking and scrapbooking. Welcome to Craft World!

(NOTE: Designers currently wanted!)

Comment

• StaceySparkleface
                Junior crafter
                • Jan 2012

I agree! The Glitter Pot is a fabulous store the deliveries always come really quickly and the prices are much cheaper than hobbycraft! It really annoys me how shops like Hobbycraft can say they are great value when they blantently are not, but hey that's the way the cookie crumbles!

Comment

• Christa
                  Mega Crafter
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Shellmarks View Post
                  Hi all, I'm very sorry for this question as I'm sure you have been asked a million times over now, but I'm new (if you couldn't tell) and I want to make my first scrapbook for our wedding. I want all my ideas to go down in the scrapbook so then Paul (partner) & I can go though it and decide on what we want theme wise, etc. (wedding isn't until Oct 2012)

I don't have a clue where to start as I haven't a clue where to buy all the basic's to get me off the ground. (I've been told not to shop @ Hobbycraft)

Please can you point me in the right direction of where to buy - I'd rather visit a shop than online as I don't know what I'm looking for, so being able to walk around, touch items etc would give me more inspiration - I think...

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and hopefully any helpful advice
                  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding...have you considered using a smash book for the very early planning stage of your wedding? This allows you loads of freedom without the worry that you might overload or spoil the 'official' wedding scrapbook with things that end up not having anything to do with your big day....and means that once you have made all the choices you can then make your scrapbook to complement your theme, colour scheme etc... Your smash book can still be a wedding keepsake and you can select which elements to include in your final wedding scrapbook....

Whatever you decide I know you will have fun

Comment

Working...
                  X