Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Default User is banned

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooregard View Post
    Hi all,

Without trying to sound too pompous I have worked in the world of SEO for the last decade, amongst other things. I have always had my head buried in text books relating to the subject. SEO in a nut shell is basically a popularity contest, the more people are talking about and linking to your site the higher you will rank in search engines. The best advice I can give anyone is to submit your site to as many places as possible, such as search engines and directories. Create as many inbound links to your site as possible, the link should be a short piece of text that relates to your sites content highlighted and pointed to your home page. And the final piece of advice is to give people a reason to come to your site, not just content but regular special offers, a blog with informative entries, competitions........ people love getting stuff for free I know I do.

I've spent the last few weeks trying to get my jewellery business ranked highly for what's known as a broad search term, that is a term that users would enter into a search engine that has a lot of competition. The term I have been focusing on is "handmade silver jewellery", as you can imagine there are a lot of people fighting for the same term. After a lot of hours sat in front of a computer screen I am currently floating between page 2 and 3 of google, a little more work and I will be on page 1 somewhere.

If anyone would like any questions answering please feel free to send them my way

Kev
    This is very reassuring, and matches my instinctive view. I am constantly concerned about SEO for my website and your point of view clarifies things.

nguyenly is offline Banned So much more than a moderate crafter

Default User is banned

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine's unpaid results—often referred to as organic results.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information