Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Default name help again ~(sorry!)

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

hello! not long ago I settled on the name 'momo bijou' but after telling people this trading name I always get the response ''eh?!''''what?!'' and so on... Bijou doesnt sound as catchy when spoken as written I have found!!
    So I'm thinking of changing it...
    something catchy and quirky...
    I've had the e-mail address ''mushypeapie'' for a while... people seem to remember that and a fellow crafter said i could use it...
    I also use the phrase ''woah! nelly!'' alot... so was thinking maybe this or
    ''Woah Terri! Designs''
    I really dont know, I'm SO indecisive ARGH!

So to re-iterate (and possible re-irritate) here are the options...

''Mushy Pea Pie''
    ''Woah! Nelly!''
    ''Woah Terri! Designs''
    or stick to ''momo-bijou''?!>!>!

was perhaps thinking a main name with a number of sections reflecting my 'collections' with diff names, like if the whole business thing was called Woah Terri! Designs, then a section with the momo-bijou collection which would be my bird pendants and hearts etc... then mushy pea pie could be the fimo things that are more for younger people....

!!!

Hi Terri,

I wonder if you're having this re-think just because a few people have made comments?

As I understand it the name you chose means something like Bird Crafts (very loosely interpreted) - which is perfect for your pieces IMHO.

It's a pretty name and it is memorable and unusual. But I think you will always get people who make comments or are easily confused

My trading name is Estheticals - I found it after days of googling and trying to come up with something that conveyed a sense of beauty/vaguely scientific/skincare and wanted to encompass all of that in my name - it's the bane of my life, people spell it wrongly, pronounce it wrongly and don't understand what it means (it's actually a made up word)...but, people do imply certain things from it - such as someone wrote to me years ago and said they'd chosen my skincare because it is ethical - which they'd assumed entirely from the name. My friend calls my business T*sticals...my husband calls me Judicals...so something has stuck

There are probably lots of names of successful businesses around that we think "How on earth did they come up with that!" - Lush's make up line is called Be Never too Busy to be Beautiful...good lord, who came up with that? And what about BIBA in the 60's - I bet people thought that was weird too (it was founder Barbara H's nickname)...and what does B&Q convey about their business...nothing!

I'd stick with Momo-Bijou and ignore the few people who comment on it.

Jude
    for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

IMO it would be a mistake to give different names to each section of your business, people like me are easily confused. I like your company name, be brave stick with it

I like your present name too!
    It reads well and sounds good when spoken. I would keep away from over complicating things as well- if you want folk to remember your name and come back then 1 name is probably best, I would think it would help with online searches as well if you kept it simple.
    I use createdandfelted everywhere apart from my face book fanpage which is Podbags I did this because the fan page is a "fun" page wich has cute pics of Podbags having adventures it's for promotion and awareness (hopefully sales) I want to post often to it without boring fans with appeals to buy!
    hope my ideas help and don't confuse!
    Happy Crafting!
    Claire

Facebook
    Etsy shop
    Folksy shop
    My blog

Hi Terri,

I'm of the same opinion as everyone else, I think your present name is lovely, unique and quite glamorous, probably just how you would hope people will feel about your jewellery.

LOL
    Lisa

Emmalyne is offline Senior Member 100+ crafts club

hiya terri,
    i also agree with the othersm keep your name, its original and catchy and people will get used to it
    you can search for days and settle on something else and some people will still make comments, go with your instincts

Ah ok! thank you for the responses, I'm gonna stick with it then! the decider was that I found a font to download called 'monbijoux' and its the exact font i've been looking for!! (see avatar!) I think it suits the name well!

Thread Information