• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jenig12
    100+ crafts club
    • Oct 2006

Thinking of giving up

What would you do? I have a good little bridal jewellery website that after 3 years of on page 1 of Google for my key search terms but I don't have the time any more to do it justice. Do I just pull the plug, am really tempted or should I try and pass it on as it has taken a lot of work to be where the site is today (would do this through Ebay / my site isn't on my profile)
  • silverjewelleryworkshop
    Super crafter
    • Feb 2009

Its no mean feat getting onto page 1 of google, I've no idea what your income from the site is but I would think it's worth something just because of it's prominent position.
    I know how hard you have to work on a site to make it popular (I work on mine every day for at least 2 hours) so , personally, I would be tempted to do something with it rather than give it all up.

Caroline
    silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
    bespoke handmade jewellery
    Silver Jewellery blog
    Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

• shpangle
      Super crafter
      • Apr 2009

Hi,

I don't know what your circumstances are but I would suggest just putting it on hold for a while. It would be so hard to get it all back if you changed your mind in the future.
      Preserving your items and memories in Handmade keepsake jewellery Keepsake Gifts

Comment

• nicksyb
        500+ Crafters Club
        • May 2009

Well done for getting to page one on Google

It is certainly a massive thing to be on page one for any search terms let alone for Bridal Jewellery. My advice would be to hang fire for a moment, is there any way you can get a relative to help you out?

If you really do find that you can't do the website justice I would certainly suggest selling it as someone else would most certainly pay a good amount of money for the site dependant on what the keywords are.
        I Love Handcrafted

Handmade Marketplace for the UK - Coming Soon

Join us on Facebook! I love Handcrafted

Comment

• jenig12
          100+ crafts club
          • Oct 2006

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to this. I know it is a strange post but when your hobby(have a day job) becomes a chore you sort of scratch your head thinking where has your hobby gone. I did take a 6 week break from it over Christmas (removed all my stock ) and it was great just doing other things like knitting. My site is up for renewal in 4 months so will think about it, I think you have helped me decide not to try to pass it on as it would be too complicated so will just see how it goes. The maintenence is a pain in the neck, its all very well being on page one but everyone else is trying to be there so it takes a lot of effort to keep there if you know what i mean but if I can do it with no SEO help anyone canThank again

Comment

Working...
          X