Craft forums - Part of the Crafts Directory

ALL NEW - Craft Articles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please note these ads will not show for registered crafts forum members.
    Click here to register...

This is just the thread I needed.
    I now have a further question. Before I get 'out there' with my designs and portfolio, I have been working my butt off trying to get everything just so. Do you think this is absolutely necessary before starting to put word out? Or do you think if designs are good enough they will sell themselves with out worrying too much about the tiny little details within the portfolio? Eg not having several examples of the same design with colour options shown etc?
    Sorry if thats too many questions I am waiting for the next nearby wedding fair to see how others have theirs presented etc
    Jacqui
    I craft, therefore I am!
    for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
    www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
    now Live get your supplies here

Hi Jacqui,

I didnt bother to make up all the colour options before launching. I just ensured that I had one of each design, then specified that the design(s) are available in additional colour options. I then made up the additional samples as and when they were ordered, occasionally making some more up if I had the spare time in between. As long as potential customers are aware that you create your designs in other colours, I wouldnt have thought you'd have a problem. I dont think I did...

Best wishes,
    Camille

Caroleecrafts is online now Senior Member Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!

don't forget 'save the date' cards as this seems to be the new trend. good luck with your venture, let us know how you get on.

Thank you!
    I have managed to 'mock up' between 3 and 4 sets of each design as I have a few places lined up who are keen to display and take orders for me. This was the main reason why I decided to do a few of each design for evening order of service etc as sometimes to see how different the same design can look just by changing the colour will hopefully fire their inspiration.I am also working on doing some for civil ceremonies/partnerships and am hopeful that these will be a bit of a niche, as the hot foiled banners for those always sell well in my ebay shop. Ony problem I seem to have now, is every time I get set to complete one full 'folio, I get inspired with a totally different idea and so it keeps growing without even leaving the house!
    I have been strongly advised (and had no problem with securing this at the business end) to get a deposit for each copy I leave with various sources, as of course they cost a lot of time and money to put together. Main headache now is finding enough hours in the day...
    I wil certainly keep my eye on the ball with this one as I would love to start freeing up some cash!
    Jacqui x
    I craft, therefore I am!
    for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
    www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
    now Live get your supplies here

patjohn is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

While making your own cards by hand is a wonderful and personal tough, I think the amount of time and effort required really does not make it viable. With all the energy I had to put into my wedding arrangements, I am happy that I hired someone to create my wedding invitations for me.
    sample wedding invitations here.

Svitlana is offline Junior Member Junior crafter

Requires the presence of his photo studio, the main thing - effectively present your work in this business
    Look at the work of the photographer
    here polina-perri.co.uk

craftdancer is offline Senior Member Super mega big crafter

This thread was started nine years ago: I expect everything is resolved by now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information