Ruby Sun Dial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruby Sun Dial

About five years ago some friends had to reluctantly cut down their apple tree. Unknown to them, I saved a slice of the trunk and put it to one side to season. Now, five years later and to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary, I made a sun dial from the apple slice to return the tree to the garden it grew up in.

DSC_1004.jpgDSC_1006.jpgDSC_1003.jpgDSC_0995.jpgDSC_0997.jpg

Thanks for looking,
    Fred.

What a fabulous idea and thoughtful of you. A beautiful and unique piece which I am sure your friends will treasure.

Linda

Comment

What a fabulous idea Fred your friends will be thrilled with it I'm sure.

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

That is lovely. It actually brought a tear to my eye. I thought it was very thoughtful of you and very skilfully done.

We have an old apple tree that is coming to the end of its life. Saving a slice or 2 for a project of some sort is an excellent idea.

Shelley

Comment

Thanks for all your kind comments. The sun dial was very well received but I did have to warn them not to rely on it to time an airport run.

Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegu 17 View Post
            Thanks for all your kind comments. The sun dial was very well received but I did have to warn them not to rely on it to time an airport run.

Fred.
            lol!!!!

Comment

Hello there, well i have to say what a wonderful Humanbeing you must be to go to such lengths to create a gift for your friends, it is always hard to find that one special present to buy for the people we love but you have knocked it out of the park with this one. On top of all that the quality of the item looks top drawer too, please can i be your friend too.lol

Comment

Working...
              X