Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my latest creations.

This is some of the things I have been working on lately
    Last edited by Lilly42; 20-01-2020, 06:22 PM.

Here are some cards and candles I have made. And a picture of my table at the fair.
    Last edited by Lilly42; 20-01-2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Lovely cards Shelley, great display 👍🏻

Dave.

Comment

Thank you, that was my one and only fair

Comment

Lots of precision card engineering and intricate craft work there Shelley, and a great display on your sales table.

Linda

Comment

Thank you everyone, I thought my stall looked ok too, but it didn't encourage many sales at all. I wonder, if all of you really think my table looked ok maybe it was the venue and not my wares that was the problem.

Maybe I will contemplate another fair if their is one close enough.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with your stall Shelley, sadly the public are fickle and sometimes you do well and at the same event others do better

Absolutely agree - there are far too many variables at events like this to be able to determine potential sales; not least of which is what other stalls are there - when I was starting out and trying to find suitable events I did many where there were "cheap and cheerful" bought in goods, sweets, what I term "thrown together" crafts, people who were "just want to make back the cost of the wool" type; then there was the Utility Warehouse, tarot readers, Body Shop, Scentsy, Forever Living etc and pushy marketing people. Decent craft work doesn't stand a chance, even though the event may be mis-advertised as a craft fair (there is no such thing round here anymore). That's in addition to the weather, how many similar stalls are there, the venue, the time of the month (in relation to payday), what else is on locally, what sports are on TV that day, how well it has been advertised, the time of year etc.

Like Caroline, I've actually found that I generally do better at the smaller fairs, but even then some communities are more supportive of events than others. I'm branching out to different types of events this year (easier with food crafts than many others) - so far I've booked in a well being fair, cat show, vegan festival, local wildlife park Easter fair, well established charity run craft & collectibles fair, charity run garden and craft fair, village show, 1940s weekend. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well I have done at some of these types of events

Again like Caroline, I'm not relying on this for any income, but more as a social life - I do meet some lovely people, both stallholders and customers, and I get to visit some lovely villages/communities.

Linda

Comment

Thank you for your encouragement, this makes me feel better. I know it was my first fair but I did feel a bit despondent about it all. I think I will look out for some close to home near xmas this year and like you Caroline only do a few well chosen ones. I don't have the energy to do as many as you Linda, but it sounds like you have fun. I also don't need to sell anything, but just enjoy making them and selling them pays for supplies and makes space

Comment

Working...
                X