X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding special

I've just bobbed this onto Craftjuice guys:

http://www.craftjuice.com/story.php?...ial_full_frame

Its the first of the big (A3 size) wedding specials Ive made...and I'd really appreciate your thoughts on taking these to Bridal Fayres maybe?

From what I've read here on the forum, I think some of the Bridal Fayres might be quite expensive? But then again, I'm aiming to charge a reasonable price for these very big personalised pieces so I'm wondering if it might be worth a try?

I've put some closer views on Flickr...but I havent figured out how to post you two links at the same time yet, DOH!

Thanks for your views & ideas on this one - if I can get these off the ground, theyre my best chance of paying the bills I guess!

Shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

I think its a good idea, but personally, I would go for nicer confetti (get some punchies and then you can do your own out of co-ordinated paper / fancy card etc) and I wouldn't actually put anything on the photo as it spoils it a little - in my opinion that is!!

But nice touch with the garter and the confetti dropping down!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
      I think its a good idea, but personally, I would go for nicer confetti (get some punchies and then you can do your own out of co-ordinated paper / fancy card etc)
      I know what you mean, I wasnt best-pleased with the confetti once I opened it Tip, good idea to have a go at doing my own next time

A girl's ordered one for her daughters Christening photos so I've asked her to save any mementos from the day that would be small enough to fit in the frame recess, cant wait to get her pics & get started on it!

Shaz x
      Keepsake Kollections
      & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

Its a great idea and it looks lovely.
        Be careful if you intend to sell at wedding fayres, I don't know what it is like in your area but here I have paid anything from £50 - £500 for a stand. The brides tend to be mainly interested in booking their cars and photographers on the day ( There is always an abundance of these and dress people!!) I really don't want to discourage you but from experience they love to look at things like yours but not buy!!! I have the same problems as my cushions etc are not high on their priority lists. Don't get me wrong I do get some business and I am sure you will but please do your costings carefully as otherwise you could loose money and lets face it we all love our crafts but I doubt we will ever become millionaires through the things we make!!
        Penny

www.creativepatchwork.com

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Comment

Thats really special!!! something that will last longer then the marriage will lololol
          Shabby Neesey

Comment

Made my comment on Juice! Its wonderful!
            x Maria

Website
            Blogging
            Facebook
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Neesey View Post
              Thats really special!!! something that will last longer then the marriage will lololol
              Ha ha, so true!!! That's why I'm gonna try my best to promote baby pictures too, theyre always your babies, even when they get really big!

I managed to do 13 years marriage but I was with him for 21 years altogether so not too shabby in this day n age!

Thanks for your coments, so appreciated - and anymore experiences of Bridal Fayres will still be valuable, if I do try one, I'll definitely shop around a lot before I commit myself though

thanks
              Shaz x
              Keepsake Kollections
              & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

I think your pictures are fantastic. You wont get a lot of buisness from the fairs on the day. You will be seen though by a lot of people and you have to remember the brides are there getting ideas for sometimes two years in advance of there wedding.

I have done a few wedding fairs but my problem is I need the bridesmaid or the mother/friend to remember me. Yours things the bride would buy herself or asked for as a gift.

The fairs they orginise up here can be expensive up to £600 and I have never had the cash or the bottle to do them .

Get yourself listed on wedding directorys there are loads and some are free... dont forget gay partnership sites as well. I do really well on them.

If there is anything else I can think of I will post it.

Cheers Janice
                www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

I`ve had exactly the same experience as Penny. It may be because we both make ring pillows but I also do garters, bags etc

I found that if you make or supply smaller value items (in comparison to dresses, cars, hols, receptions etc) it helps to get combine forces with someone else. I have a friend who is a dressmaker so she`ll display my accessories at fairs on my behalf. I make a small contribution to the cost of the stall or help her out with sewing when she`s busy. I`ve also found it`s rarely the bride who decides to buy these items, it`s quite often future MIL`s or Mums as a personal gift.

I wonder if you could get together with a photographer and perhaps see if they will display one of your pictures?? I`ve also found that florists are really helpful when it comes to displaying wedding crafts. They obviously get a lot of brides in and sometimes have a cabinet of wedding related stuff.

I think it`s a lovely idea and reminds me of scrapbooking but in a frame!

Comment

Thanks for all these nuggets guys, I so appreciate it

Gay partnership sites, I dint even know they existed let alone thought of em! Thanks for that tip Janice!

I did think of photographers & florists but I dont have many samples made up yet, it might pay me to get cracking on that if theyre happy to display one for me

I'm hoping to appeal to the family members as a gift for after the day, got the idea from my sister having my bouquet dried & framed for my wedding gift. She'd just fallen in love with the effect and paid a fortune for it and that was 17 years ago!

And yeah Claire, I think of them as giant fancy framed scrapbooking myself! I've framed a xmas thank you letter from my two little neices cos it was SO cute and I wanted to make something special with it - its on Flickr

Thanks all!
                    Shaz x
                    Keepsake Kollections
                    & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

I think its a great idea! You know one idea could be to offer a voucher so it can be purchased as a wedding gift and then the bride and groom can send you their bits and bobs after the wedding! This works well with photograph gifts, so why not with your idea!!!

Just one minor point for me is that I myself would prefer it if the picture was at the top or the middle of the page and the bits and bobs were below. Only saying this because the eye went straight to the bits and bobs and not the photo..........it kind of looked a bit busy! if you know what mean.

but yes, its a great idea. hope you go far with it!!!

Pauline
                      Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        I think its a great idea! You know one idea could be to offer a voucher so it can be purchased as a wedding gift and then the bride and groom can send you their bits and bobs after the wedding! This works well with photograph gifts, so why not with your idea!!!

Pauline
                        Thanks Pauline - Ive actually mentioned vouchers on my Blog so that recipients can select their fave photos themselves but I'll make an even bigger deal of them for the wedding specials, good idea - and when I go to this fair tomorrow, I'm gonna blu tac a nice bright star on the frame saying "put me on your wedding gift list!" and see whether that sparks people's imaginations!

Get your drift re layout, although on this one, I specifically wanted the confetti dropping down to match the image but other photos will be different o course

Thanks again everyone!
                        Shaz x
                        Keepsake Kollections
                        & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

You could even expand it to silver/golden wedding anniversary - thats if those buying it manage to find items from the day. Or if not, use news from that day and what was going on during that year.

You have loads of potential!! good luck.

Pauline
                          Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

I think they're a lovely idea and you've had some great tips from people about them too (what a fab forum this is!).
                            Mel

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              You could even expand it to silver/golden wedding anniversary - thats if those buying it manage to find items from the day. Or if not, use news from that day and what was going on during that year.

You have loads of potential!! good luck.

Pauline
                              Great idea, thanks Pauline - and for your enthusiasm, what a lovely pat on the back to keep me going!

Fab Forum Friends for sure!
                              Shaz x
                              Keepsake Kollections
                              & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

Working...
                              X