Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent pyro creations!

Dear one and all,

I realised this weekend that I had not kept my Flickr photostream up to date, so I spent some time last night adding photos of my recent commissions to it. I thought I might as well post the link here rather than also look to spend time making other threads to share individual images of what I've been burning.

So, if you've got a few minutes to spare, why not visit...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodtattoos

... take a look at what's on show and then leave a comment here to tell me what your favourite piece is?

Thanks and all the best,

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

They all look great, obviously. My particular favourite is the one with the koala bride and the bear groom. What imagination you have! Oh, and I think the book looks amazing too.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Wow, fantastic work! I love them all, but I like little Celtic hare design best
      "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

Gosh, how busy you have been. Such a wide variety of styles and items and all done to your usual incredibly high standard.

Linda

Comment

Thanks to you all for the kind words! Indri, give me a shout if you ever want to buy a frame with a koala bride and a bear groom... although what are the chances of there being two couples in the world who might want one like that, eh?
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

Well, there may be a wedding for next year, but they are not a koala and bear kind of couple. More Batman and bunnies.... anyway, if I want a frame I know where to come!!
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
              More Batman and bunnies.... anyway, if I want a frame I know where to come!!
              I'm very interested in the concept of a Batman & bunnies frame!!!! Sounds like a challenge!
              Wood Tattoos
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                I'm very interested in the concept of a Batman & bunnies frame!!!! Sounds like a challenge!
                And you thought a koala bride was a challenge
                View my flickr

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                  And you thought a koala bride was a challenge
                  Batbunny!! Hehehe...
                  Wood Tattoos
                  Facebook
                  Flickr
                  Twitter

Comment

Amazing work, I always fancied having a go at pyrography, a steady hand and lots of time required I guess, maybe leave it to the pro's lol.

Comment

You've some wonderful pieces there - love all the celtic themes especially
                      Emma
                      www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
                      www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
                      www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by ejralph View Post
                        You've some wonderful pieces there - love all the celtic themes especially
                        Thanks! Nothing is more rewarding than successfully completing an intricate Celtic knotwork design without making a mistake!

Si.
                        Wood Tattoos
                        Facebook
                        Flickr
                        Twitter

Comment

Wow! You're a real artist of wool! it looks like in the "brave" cartoon, when she find a little house in the forest full of magical wood carvings. I really love all your works, but in particular the poem box
                          Please, correct my english if you deem it appropriate, because I'm Italian and I really love English and I want to improve my knowledge of this wonderful language!
                          Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks, Trillina!!
                            Wood Tattoos
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

I am fairly new to pyrography. My wife bought me a dual temperature solid burner for Christmas 2012 along with an excellent book by Lora Irish and I immediately fell in love with the craft. I have since upgraded to a variable temperature solid burner and a wire burner as I find shading easier with a solid burner and detailed work easier with a wire burner

I have also bought both of your books and am finding them an excellent source of inspiration and technique. Your work is amazing and I am very interested in your leaning towards tribal and tattoo type designs which is where my interest lies. I find images such as skulls very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X