Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coasters

Hey all

so my first project i want to start is making up some coaster sets as presents for people for xmas

So far i have decided on making a set for myself first, to test out the process and incase of mistakes

Im going to use wooden blanks then find some images from retro comics, glue them on top of the wood and place a few rubber stoppers on the bottom

Now the tutorial i found for this uses Modge Podge on top of the image, what can i use instead and what is the purpose, is it to seal it? make it all purpose? sorry if these are stupid questions as im completely new.

Hope you can help

Cheers
    Mark

Mod Podge is a multi purpose adhesive and sealant in one. Some people use watered down PVA glue instead...personally I don't like it, but it could be that I never get the mix right...Mod Podge is my gloop of choice but I am sure others will have alternate suggestions for you to try. I believe there is a special sealant you can buy that makes coasters heat resistant too but I'm afraid I don't know any details... someone more helpful is sure to be along soon

Comment

Working...
    X