Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encaustic Art

Hi

I am an Encaustic artist - I paint in hot wax.

Following a lovely welcome in your introduce yourself thread, it was suggested I post some photos of my artwork, I hope this is the right place to show some.

sweetpea-hazelrayfield2013.jpg

This is a recent painting of a Sweet Pea in hot wax.

country_stream_display_HazelRayfield.jpg

This painting is called "Country path". Both pictures are A4 in size

I have a blog and Gallery online if you would like to see more of my paintings

Hazel
    Last edited by Hazel Rayfield; 26-05-2013, 09:31 AM.
    Hazel Rayfield
    Art In Wax
    www.artinwax.co.uk and Art In Wax Blog
    Connect on Facebook :
    www.facebook.com/artinwax
    Watch me paint in hot wax - Encaustic Art demonstrations www.youtube.com/Artinwax

Welcome Hazel.

Your pictures are beautiful. I am no artist, but I do have some appreciation of quality work and I really like yours. I hope you will show us more pictures of your work in the future.

Linda

Comment

That is lovely Hazel. thank you for showing it. I will go and peep at your blog now.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Thank you Linda and Carol
        Hazel Rayfield
        Art In Wax
        Connect on Facebook :
        Watch me paint in hot wax - Encaustic Art demonstrations www.youtube.com/Artinwax

Comment

Very Nice work..!!!

Comment

Lovely work and welcome to the forum

Comment

I have never seen art in wax before they are lovely
              Science has it's place but nothing is quite like letting your imagination fly

Comment

These are lovely...My only experience with encaustic artwork has been vibrant seascapes and abstracts

Comment

Thank you all for your lovely comments
                  Originally posted by Christa View Post
                  These are lovely...My only experience with encaustic artwork has been vibrant seascapes and abstracts
                  Hi Christa, yes there are lots of styles of encaustic painting and lots that can be done with the wax. I have only been painting in wax for a few years and am developing my style of painting in this wonderful medium. I have a real passion for painting in hot wax, as you say the colours are very vibrant and once polished have a wonderful sheen really bringing the pictures to life.

There are some videos online of me painting in wax, if anyone is interested in watching how I paint in hot wax, I can't post a link as I'm a newbie at the moment but you can either Google me or there are links on my blog and website.

Hazel
                  Hazel Rayfield
                  Art In Wax
                  Connect on Facebook :

Comment

Hazel you can put links to your blog and website in your signature here now, you do not have to have 25 posts for that.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Beautiful. I love your sweet pea!
                      "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

Your pictures are great. I had a go at encaustic art, but I don't think I would ever be able to make something as nice as you have!
                        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                          Hazel you can put links to your blog and website in your signature here now, you do not have to have 25 posts for that.
                          Thank you, I have now updated my signature and also added my youtube channel info, so if anyone would like to see how I paint in hot wax then there are several demonstrations online.
                          Hazel Rayfield
                          Art In Wax
                          Connect on Facebook :

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                            Your pictures are great. I had a go at encaustic art, but I don't think I would ever be able to make something as nice as you have!
                            Hi Indri, thank you glad you like my paintings, there are lots of styles of Encaustic painting, when I got started the first painting I ever saw was an abstract and it was so beautiful, I just knew I had to have a go! the wax is such a great material to work with, and such great colours don't you agree?

I have added a link to my youtube channel into my signature now, so if you would like to see me paint there are several demonstration videos online that we have made to show how I paint in hot wax, the rose one is especially popular.

Hazel
                            Hazel Rayfield
                            Art In Wax
                            Connect on Facebook :

Comment

if you would like to see how I came up with the idea of the sweet peas and how I doodled them in watercolour as well I have written a blog post on the subject ......

http://www.artinwax.co.uk/blog/sweet-peas-original-art/
                              Hazel Rayfield
                              Art In Wax
                              Connect on Facebook :

Comment

Working...
                              X