thought i'd share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thought i'd share

Just wanted to share this, my dad likes to keep busy and got some boxes from the market stall!!!!!, the old ply things that they throw away at the end of the day and he came up with this!!! I would love to claim this as mine but I wont lol!
    Everything you see is made literally by hand, the only thing shop brought is the thread. He sits there for days making the little round cogs and shaping them he's retired so boredom kicks in.
    Im really impressed and thought i'd share it anyway. Not finished yet as you can see.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

PC keeps going funny, so I'll only do these photos for now
    Last edited by ree1977; 17-02-2013, 02:05 PM.

Now that is a piece of work. Its absolutely amazing. I can't believe all the detail. Such craftsmanship. I am running out of suitable adjectives. Is this his first or does he have more msterpieces hidden away?
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

First one.
      He has a dab hand for making and building things but never done this before. I think he'd like to make some pieces to sell to top up his pension as i think sitting around doesnt suit him but how would you ever price this lol! But knowing him, when the sails go on he will no doubt change his mind.

Comment

Wow! I'm seriously impressed. Your Dad must be a very patient person and he's also very steady handed and has a great eye for detail. I'm reckon a collector would pay good money for that model. Thank-you for sharing the pictures.
        ~ Rachael
        My etsy Shop Blog

Comment

Wow....That's all I can say!! What workmanship. xx
          Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Your Dad made that from old crates? Amazing, with a big capital A! Go Dad!
            Come and join our wonderful world of hand-crafted happiness!
            http://www.MunkiMake.com

Find us on Facebook too!
            https://www.facebook.com/MunkiMake

Comment

I know. Just thought, i wanted a dolls house when I was a kid and didn't get one!???? I'll be having a chat with him tomorrow I think

Comment

Wow! That is fabulous and incorporates so many skills. As a first try it shows talent, creativity, vision, patience, determination - and that's before the physical construction even starts.

I am so impressed.

Linda

Comment

Holy Moses.... awesome
                  www.nameswithinframes.co.uk
                  https://www.facebook.com/NamesWithinFrames
                  https://twitter.com/nameswithin

Comment

Fantastic work...

Comment

Oh wow!

Comment

Absolutely amazing!!!
                        "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

This is stunning! Does he have other hobbies? Did the work he did before retirement give him this skill? This is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Something special. Your Dad definitely has skill and patience. Look forward to seeing what else he makes.

Pete
                            "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                            Facebook

Website

Comment

His previous job roles were a butcher and he was an aircraft sprayer for 30 yrs before he retired so theres no real arty thingy going on, he did enjoy making things in his spare time, if we needed something in the home, he'd build it instead of buying it, so theres always been that side on him lurking. He's never built anything like this before, but like he said, he'd never of had the time before, this has taken him a fair few man hours to get this far and will to finish it.
                              He will have to part with them I think as he wants to make more and his bungalow wont hold more than one.
                              When he finishes I'll put the finished piece on but wont be for a while yet though.

Comment

Working...
                              X