X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This week I made a beaded button

And here it is!

2013-02-04 21.46.15.jpg2013-02-04 21.46.30.jpg2013-02-04 21.47.37.jpg

I'm in the process of making a second one. I'm saving them for a project we might be doing in a few weeks time on my course. I think they will add a bit of interest!

Next week we are doing beadwork. I just need to find some fun beads first! We are meant to use something a bit bigger than seed beads (to save on time) but I might just use whatever it is I have knocking around (which for me is small stuff).
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Very pretty Indri. Can't wait to see a picture of the two together, and you've got me intrigued about the project you're saving them for!

Linda

Comment

I'll let you know once our teacher has told us at class!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I think your button is so pretty and so perfect. Was it difficult to stick on all those tiny beads? I'm sure if it was me they'd all be muddled up!
        "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

I threaded a load of beads onto the cotton and then just wrapped the beads around the central bead and then came back up through the fabric and did little stiches between each bead. It wasn't particularly difficult.
          View my flickr

Comment

Very pretty!

Comment

Thats very pretty Indri. What are they attached to, i.e. what is the backing.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

It's a plastic button blank that was used.
                View my flickr

Comment

Thats interesting. Makes you wonder what else you could do with the blank. Mmm. I have loads of seed beads and don't know what to do with them.
                  Unless you could use some????
                  Carol

Comment

I need some beads that are bigger than seed beads really. I currently don't have a use for seed beads
                    View my flickr

Comment

OK. Just that I can't ever see me using them, my sight not good enough to find the holes. lol.
                      Carol

Comment

Working...
                      X