• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Les At IDG
    Moderate crafter
    • Jan 2013

Some of my product designs I've created

These images are just a few of the gift items I design and sell online:

fabfortypersonalisedpairs.jpgBdayChinaCoasterSet1.jpg50thBirthdayFloralStainedGlassChinaMug.jpgrainbowbirthdaymugcoasterset.jpgFleurDeLisRedMug.jpgduo_panel_baby_christening.jpgchildsfairyfolkmug.jpgartDecoMugSingle.jpg

I'm always lookiing at new design ideas and product ideas as well
    Les at idguk.co.uk
    Attached Files
  • Crafty Cath
    100+ crafts club
    • Dec 2012

Neat, thanks for sharing.
    James
    www.facebook.com/CraftyCath

Comment

• quirky houses
      500+ Crafters Club
      • Jan 2012

Very professional looking. I especially like the 'waldorf' type one with the faces.
      www.highlandsockies.blogspot.com
      www.myhighlandcottage.etsy.com

Comment

• hazelsmail
        Super crafter
        • Jul 2012

very nice good luck with your sales x

Comment

• Critchley
          Super Moderator
          Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
          • Jun 2008

I was just wondering, do you make your own transfers or buy them in? A few years ago I used to hand paint pottery.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

• Les At IDG
            Moderate crafter
            • Jan 2013

Hi,
            I create the majority of the transfers myself using Photoshop, but I do buy in some transfer templates (the only ones where I've used a bought in image that I've illustrated above are the children's fairy images and the art deco stained glass panel design - all the others featured there were created by myself, and the pop art one I did myself using the customers photo as a base image. I don't actually make the blank gift items (such as mugs etc) myself, but buy them in from spe******t suppliers. I then print the transfer design onto sublimation paper using spe******t printer inks and then "bond" the image onto the blank item in a heat press. It's fairly straight-forward process with great results, but designing the initial transfers can take a long time, but once you've got a design as a master, it's relatively simple to adapt to a customers needs - most of the time. Some designs are more complex than others. My Repeat Name Mug is one where it can take some time to change all the names to whatever the customer wants (sample image below), but it's also my best selling product!

Thanks for your comments and interest - I'm afraid my hand painting is non-existant. Would actually like to be able to paint, but have never really tried. Maybe one day.

Comment

• Critchley
              Super Moderator
              Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
              • Jun 2008

Its quite a different medium painting on pottery. Nothing like your oil or watercolours. lol. You should have a go. I used to go around charity shops for plain white bits of pottery and practice on them.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

• Les At IDG
                Moderate crafter
                • Jan 2013

Good idea about the charity shops. Might give this a try - do you have to use special paints for ceramics, and do you have to "bake" the finished mug in an oven to help dry and protect the painted image?

Have just noticed on my previous post reply to you that the word spe-cia-list has been changed to spe*******t by this system - just wondering why on earth that could be - strange!

Les.

Comment

Working...
                X