First attempt at amigurumi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First attempt at amigurumi

Crochet is not my choice of craft (that's bookbinding/book making/paper making), but having learned how to crochet between Boxing Day and New Year, I thought I'd try my hand at something other than a granny square.

Here is my first attempt at making an amigurumi rabbit. I may consider, once I have developed my own pattern, at making them as a side line.

8358294053_040be8d5d4_o.jpg

As it was just for fun, there are a few mistakes, but overall I am pleased for a first try at following a pattern.

Lenny
    ~~The old ways are the future~~

Cute little bunny and your crocheting looks lovely.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Thank you.

I've surprised myself with the speed at which I've picked it up. It just makes sense! I had expected crochet to be much harder than knitting, but it's so much easier (for me).

Practising even more this afternoon...

Comment

A very well completed first project. Well done.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny View Post
          Crochet is not my choice of craft (that's bookbinding/book making/paper making), but having learned how to crochet between Boxing Day and New Year, I thought I'd try my hand at something other than a granny square.

Here is my first attempt at making an amigurumi rabbit. I may consider, once I have developed my own pattern, at making them as a side line.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34390[/ATTACH]

As it was just for fun, there are a few mistakes, but overall I am pleased for a first try at following a pattern.

Lenny
          Wow! If this is your first attempt, we're very much looking forward to seeing your next attempt. You're a natural, obviously.
          Come and join our wonderful world of hand-crafted happiness!
          http://www.MunkiMake.com

Find us on Facebook too!
          https://www.facebook.com/MunkiMake

Comment

Thats really good! So cute

Comment

Love the rabbit you have obviously pick it quickly and are a natural x

Comment

Very Good. Thanks for sharing.
                James
                www.facebook.com/CraftyCath

Comment

That is a really cute bunny. Well Done!!
                  It is great that you have managed to get the hang of crochet so quickly, I also find it easier than knitting. I think the main problem with learning to knit or crochet is not the actual stitches but holding the yarn at the right tension. Once you get that right it is plain sailing.

Melanie

Comment

Aw really cute, and beautifully made.
                    "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

Thank you for the kind comments. I think I've found something I'm good at.

...holding the yarn at the right tension
                      Absolutely! With practice the tensioning is easier to get right.

My top tip to anyone wanting to learn is: make a BIG granny square! They are very easy you will soon be zooming along. After that, it's easy.

The hardest part is remembering to convert between US and UK terminology.

Lenny

Comment

Working...
                      X