Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Buy This?

...And how much would you pay for it?

This is my latest project, which I'm taking to Bath on Saturday. It's a doll's swinging crib, with a lined basket cot, with mattress, cover & pillow. The fabric is Concord, soil resistant designer range. You can close the drapes too.

I have no idea what to charge, or even what these things go for....suggestions please!

Jules

Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

I'd say well over £100 ?

Have you tried to search for similar ones on the net?
    incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
    ___

Comment

Plain ones start at £40 to £75

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=doll's+swinging+crib&btnG=Search&hl=en& show=dd&scoring=pd

So £150 + ?

Might be to high as someone would need to buy it for a kid.. hmmmm

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Sorry I read that wrong! Thought you said baby crib, not dolls!
        Around £70 (ish?)

Just a CRIB is about £40-50

ANOTHER - yuck!
        incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
        ___

Comment

Oh my...

Originally posted by 0103media View Post
          Plain ones start at £40 to £75

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=doll's+swinging+crib&btnG=Search&hl=en& show=dd&scoring=pd

So £150 + ?

Might be to high as someone would need to buy it for a kid.. hmmmm
          ....you think it would sell? I had thought of asking £45...it's a wooden frame but the crib part is whicker.

It could be for a wee girl, or for a serious adult doll collector.

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

I would say £75 to £100. The only place you would get that sort of quality piece up here is Jenners and thats in there collector section. The ones that buy china dolls.

By the way it's just fantastic.

Cheers Janice
            www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

I was thinking along the lines of the price of a plain one and double it.. hence £150.. But maybe double should be more like 2x£35 = £70 ?

hmmm

£70 with a today only discount of 10% ..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
              (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

hah i didn't read that properly, thought it was a life size one was thinking crikey someones gonna have a posh nursery!!
                Umm for a dolly, 50.00??
                trouble is dont think people go to craft fairs thinking they will spend 100plus on anything, but hey it would certainly get the crowds to your stall!!
                http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

WOW Jules this is fantastic - If I had a little girl I would snap this up - I think between £35-£70 depending on target clientele.

P.S. Have you thought about making one for a "real" baby - think this sort of traditional crib would be a great seller

xx

Comment

It's lovely!!

Maybe, just display it with a sign saying 'Display Only' and see if anyone asks and perhaps gauge that way?.....

Comment

Got to Do a Baby One...

Originally posted by katyjanesdesigns View Post
                      WOW Jules this is fantastic - If I had a little girl I would snap this up - I think between £35-£70 depending on target clientele.

P.S. Have you thought about making one for a "real" baby - think this sort of traditional crib would be a great seller

xx
                      Yes, got to do one for a real baby...going to be a great aunty next summer. I got the news the day before yesterday.

I'm looking forward to doinga crib, and the baby arriving.

Jules
                      Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

I have a little girl, but unfortuneately she doesn't like dollies. However if she did I would pay about £75. Its beautiful and a simple wooden one from elc which sits on the floor costs £30 and thats without the fabric accessories. no contest really
                        mj.

Do you know I've gone from writing £50 to £60 to £75. Everytime I look back at it I think no thats worth more than that.
                        Amanda
                        xx

Comment

Wow that is just gorgeous!! The owrk that has gone into it really shows and it is lovely. Defo £75 minimum I reckon
                          Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

It's really going to depend on your audience as to how much people will pay for it.

Bath-onians would probably pay the £70 mark because there are all sorts of baby boutiques around Bath.

You know who would buy it from you if it doesn't sell? That lady Bo Bo in Stow!
                            Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Hmmm....

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                              It's really going to depend on your audience as to how much people will pay for it.

Bath-onians would probably pay the £70 mark because there are all sorts of baby boutiques around Bath.

You know who would buy it from you if it doesn't sell? That lady Bo Bo in Stow!
                              Ok, so I'll take it to Bath. I think I'll stick a card on it asking for offers.....but I won't accept anything less than £50. I'd rather hang on to it for a while than sell it for peanuts. We'll see what happens....might get a good offer, might not.

I really enjoyed doing it, so I'll need to keep my eyes peeled for more cribs!

JB, the BoBo lady wouldn't pay that much.....maybe £35, and then sell it on for loads more. She drives a hard bargain.

Jules
                              Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Working...
                              X