Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another mosaic mirror, but something a bit different this time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another mosaic mirror, but something a bit different this time...

Really pleased with this one. The picture does not do it justice and I have tried so may times to get a good one, and failed!!! The tiles reflect the light, in various shades of blue, pink/purple, green/yellow. It took a lot longer to make as the tiles are much smaller than I usually use, but I'm am pleased with the result. I'm off to list it in my Ebay shop now. Would appreciate any comments

Oh...and can anyone suggest how I can get a better photo? I have to take it without the flash, as the flash distorts the colours. I have taken it in my light box, but the light is very poor today so that's probably not helping???

Last edited by Katianne; 18-11-2007, 02:45 PM.
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

That mirror is really stunning - I've said it before you have a real eye for colour and are so very talented.

No god ont he picutre front though.

Cheers.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Katianne,

Another simply stunning mirror !!!!

Cheers Janice.
      www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

very nice mirror

No god ont he picutre front though.
        whaaaat
        Cake Toppers http://huntersdesigns.co.uk
        My etsy http://peculiarforest.etsy.com
        My Blog http://peculiarforest.blogspot.com

Comment

Love it!!!!!!!!!!

Could you adjust your colours using a package on the computer. I adjust my colours using Photoshop, you can brighten them up etc.

Hope it sells for you.
          Amanda
          xx

Comment

Thank you for your comments!

I tried adjusting the colours on a photo package, but it washed them out too much. The main problem is the graininess - I'm guessing this is because I haven't used a flash though? The flash distorts the colours too much though, so I have to do it without.
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

oooo i like that. How big is your biggest mirror?
              http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

40cm is the biggest round one I make. I have made larger ones before (60cm) but it's too much of a risk to post them.
                Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

wow its stunning

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

I've got one of you mirrors and I think it's fab!...
                    With regards the photo....get as many lamps as you can around your light box and try and aim them at the surface the mirror is facing so it looks as bright as poss. The artificial light might 'yellow' the picture so turn the exposure up to counter it....daylight bulbs are good for light boxes too!
                    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Lovely....

....I love the irridescent colours!

That's just stunning. Have you tried different colour grouting? Black would look gorgeous with those colours, it would really make them stand out.

Maybe bit too messy to do though?

Jules
                      Apple Tree Crafts
                      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Thanks Jules! I have used a charcoal grey on this one. And yes it is very messy. I tend to use my fingers to smooth the edges so you can just imagine!!! Glad you all like it
                        Last edited by Katianne; 18-11-2007, 05:53 PM.
                        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Despite the photo being a little pants, the mirror is still fab!!

I'm sick of waiting for a 'brightish' day to take photos!! So I know what you're going through! I increase the brightness and gamma on the photos and it seems ok!

Comment

Yet again absolutely beautiful!!! Ur work always is fab!!
                            Is there anyway (and I no this is cheeky) that you could PM me and explain how these are done?? Only reason I ask is my mum has been very poorly recently and I would love to make her something that lil bit special and I know she would absolutely love sumink like that xx

Comment

Originally posted by Katianne View Post
                              Thank you for your comments!

I tried adjusting the colours on a photo package, but it washed them out too much. The main problem is the graininess - I'm guessing this is because I haven't used a flash though? The flash distorts the colours too much though, so I have to do it without.
                              Can you try using a flash outside of your light box? or get a couple of spot lights out side the box pointing through the material, aimed so there are no shadows? When i bought my light box I had real trouble getting a nice light on my products. I contacted the company I bought it from for advice and they said I should use it in a well lit room and use the 2 daylight spots I bought for additional lighting.

HTH

Carol
                              Sparklez.co.uk
                              Handmade Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                              X