Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Branching out into Cards

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Branching out into Cards

    Here goes...

    I have just worked out how to put pictures on. I have a few cards to show you. I felt I needed something less expensive to sell at a shopping evening I'm doing at the end of November so I've decided to make some cards in my art styly. I have painted onto acrylic paper with acrylic paint and ink and then I have added a bronze 3D highlight effect. I am going to do some more, probably some childrens ones also. These are just a few.







    Amanda
    xx


  • #2
    Wow!! They're beautiful
    Debs

    My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

    My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Oooh those are nice! Have you thought about doing ACEO's too or ATC's. I know that original ones (not printed) sell quite well on Etsy.
      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post
        Oooh those are nice! Have you thought about doing ACEO's too or ATC's. I know that original ones (not printed) sell quite well on Etsy.

        Thank you. Now, I know what an ATC is, but not sure on ACEO's. Sorry I'm a bit of a card virgin. I might have a go at some ATC's when I get a bit of time and try my luck on etsy. The paintings are taking up a bit of time atm.
        Amanda
        xx

        Comment


        • #5
          They are a version of ATC's but I'm not sure what the difference is. I know there is a difference - maybe someone could tell us!
          Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
          My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
          My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com


          Comment


          • #6
            I was checking all the latest posts and had to log in as your cards look fantastic and I wanted to leave a comment - they made lazy old me type rather than just read . I think you'll sell loads of those they really are beautiful and I love the colours you've used . Also think you should approach some of the local shops in places like Melford, Lavenham and Clare as I think they'd sell well in that type of place too.
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
              I was checking all the latest posts and had to log in as your cards look fantastic and I wanted to leave a comment - they made lazy old me type rather than just read . I think you'll sell loads of those they really are beautiful and I love the colours you've used . Also think you should approach some of the local shops in places like Melford, Lavenham and Clare as I think they'd sell well in that type of place too.

              Thanks for that. Thats the sacrey bit though isn't it....approaching actual shops. I might try that when I have some more and am feeling brave. I agree that those are the sort of places to approach. Saffron Walden isn't far from us and there are some beautiful shops there also.
              Amanda
              xx

              Comment


              • #8
                They are gorgeous - you are very talented.

                Cheers.

                Lisa

                Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

                Comment


                • #9
                  They are lovely!..They're exactly the type I usually go for...although obviously better.
                  Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                  Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                  Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    very nice cards, how much are you charging for them...?
                    i make luxury hand made cards and struggle to get the pricing right.
                    good luck though

                    thanks

                    rach x
                    Funky jewellery & Luxury handmade greetings cards www.sunbatheintheshade.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      really really nice! Very calming and serene (sp?)

                      Please pm me how to put pictures on - I never seem to be able to do it hehehe!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        your cards look fantastic,well done you.
                        proud mum 0f 8 years girl ..3 boys and wife for kind lovley corgi man. .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
                          really really nice! Very calming and serene (sp?)

                          Please pm me how to put pictures on - I never seem to be able to do it hehehe!!

                          Pm'd you. Good luck.
                          Amanda
                          xx

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sunbatheintheshade View Post
                            very nice cards, how much are you charging for them...?
                            i make luxury hand made cards and struggle to get the pricing right.
                            good luck though

                            thanks

                            rach x

                            Thanks for the nice comment. I have decided to charge £2.00 at the shopping night and I have put them on my website for £2.50 inc. postage. I've never tried selling cards before so I am hoping this is about right.
                            Amanda
                            xx

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              They are so lovely, the sort of cards I would usually go for, would even buy them just to frame them! Am sure they will sell well for you.
                              Jo x

                              For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X