Beech Chalice (giveaway)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beech Chalice (giveaway)

Hiya it's me again showing off some of my work. I hope that I am not breaking any rules here but I am actually giving this chalice away to one of my lucky UK facebook followers. It's made from a beech log and measures about 7" tall. On the stem I managed to capture a lovely bit of grain that to me resembles a spider. I have finished it with melamine inside the goblet and it should allow fluid to be kept in it but like everything I make I do state its purely for decorative purposes. It's finished elsewhere with a burnishing or friction polish.

beechchalice0005.jpg beechchalice0006.jpg beechchalice0004.jpg beechchalice0002.jpg beechchalice0003.jpg beechchalice0001.jpg

The pictures show it from log to end result and its posing with another bit of the log which is just too short to make a twin.

Hope it's pleasing and the person who wins it appreciates it.

Drew
    Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
    our Facebook page
    follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

Oooooo! That is rather nice Drew! I love the shape, and I see what you mean about the grain on the stem.

Linda

Comment

It's lovely Drew. Not sure I'd have said spider... some of us are terrified of them

I shall pass it round my treen loving friends.
      Do not watch this space

Comment

LOL this one dosen't bite though. It amazes me each time I turn something and find something hidden and totally unexpected. I wont tell you what a friend found in a bowl he made even I was a little pale skinned afterwards.

Thanks for the comments
        Drew
        our Facebook page

Comment

Very nice Drew. You could make a matching but slightly smaller one for a 'His and Hers' pair. Whose is the larger one I don't know LOL

Hmmmmm and I don't have a wooden chalice........................!!!!

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

LOL Mo I was thinking of doing the other log but will have to wait and see if I have time and I may surprise the lucky winner.

"coughs" You don't have a Chalice now I'm shocked at that. Well enter I see you liked the page :P

Drew
            our Facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by HandyWoodcrafts View Post
              LOL Mo I was thinking of doing the other log but will have to wait and see if I have time and I may surprise the lucky winner.

"coughs" You don't have a Chalice now I'm shocked at that. Well enter I see you liked the page :P

Drew
              I know......... several on the stock shelf but none belong to me :-( LOL. That would go down a storm, a chalice from someone else in the kitchen hee hee.

I actually have no idea how to follow someone on facebook, I can do likes, and friends, but not following doh !! unless it's the same thing ?

Mo.XX
              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
              www.bodrighy.co.uk
              https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Its the same thing Mo, You liked the page I just use the word follow (don't know why) If you have a look down the statuses there is one with a picture of a mug thats the giveaway one.

Drew
                our Facebook page

Comment

I went to like and guess what? yup I already did LOL!
                  I don't, mind spiders, I think they are rather beautiful, as is your chalice.
                  Clay is a bit like that, you never know who's lurking in there till you start to work on it.
                  It must be great fun to find the natural grain and knots etc, xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

Originally posted by pepsi View Post
                    It must be great fun to find the natural grain and knots etc, xxx
                    It is! But it's also a pain in the backside when you get into it and find shakes that you REALLY didn't want to be there lol.
                    My Blethery Blog

Success is falling nine times and getting up ten. Jon Bon Jovi

The critic has to educate the public; the artist has to educate the critic. Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                    X