Would you pay a tenner for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you pay a tenner for this?

I get asked at nearly every craft fair if I sell peg-bags to which my answer has always been "no, sorry".

I finally got round to coming up with a pattern in my head and decided I couldn't make just any old W.I type peg pag and of course funked mine up a bit.....!

It needs a bit of tweaking, but you get the idea. My question is (as always!) how much would you pay for it?

The hanger is plastic.

Blog Website Flickr

It's lovely. Don't have much of a clue with pricing as i don't know how much high street ones cost - if the high street charge £10 then £10 would be too cheap for yours.

Sorry i'm not much use.
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Comment

Well that's just the thing - apparantely they're really hard to find according to all these people who ask me and not readily available.

(I just use a carrier bag on the end of one of the prongs to keep my pegs in .... that's when I can be bothered to actually take the pegs off the line that is!)
      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I like it very much, its really pretty. If I'm honest I wouldn't pay a tenner though, I think I would pay upto £7. I say that because there is lots of competition for this. I got a really pretty one in a kinda Cath Kidson style for £4. Its also waterproof, not that I think thats important because I don't ever leave it out. I do like it though as I do all your stuff.
        Amanda
        xx

Comment

Yep, defo, it is lovely. Again I have no idea what they charge on the high street but would be more than willing to pay £10 for this!
          Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

Ooo thats very pretty! Trouble with me is that I would forget and leave it outside in the rain and probably ruin it.

Can't really help with how much to charge...I'm rubbish at it myself trying to price stuff!

Try and work out how much its actually cost you to make, and how much profit you feel you can ask for it.......thats the first step.

I'm sure once you come up with the price, they will sell as they are very pretty!

Pauline
            Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
              Well that's just the thing - apparantely they're really hard to find according to all these people who ask me and not readily available.

(I just use a carrier bag on the end of one of the prongs to keep my pegs in .... that's when I can be bothered to actually take the pegs off the line that is!)
              Just seen this while I was busy typing my reply. I got mine from Woolies. I've seen them around a bit.
              Amanda
              xx

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Try and work out how much its actually cost you to make, and how much profit you feel you can ask for it.......thats the first step.
                That's always my trouble - I've no idea how much it cost me to make. The hangers were on offer in Woolies - 12 of them for £1.00 The rest is all ancillary really, because I've already got the fabric and flowers.

Maybe I'll try them for £8 and see.....

Mmmm, they should do really well now that the warm drying weather's nearly gone!!
                Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I defo think they would sell at £8 because its that bit extra special with the funky flowers on.
                  Amanda
                  xx

Comment

I think it's fab and I reckon £8 would be a good price. Good luck!
                    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
                    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Been looking for something like this.....

Just one thing - would make the slit bit for the pegs to go in a bit bigger, for when grandchildren help.....! No I'm not that old but my mum is

Comment

the are very pretty!sorry Can't really help with how much to charge

tray to search in the internet,google,ebay ..etc, i saw some websites sell them for

15 pounds+p&p and the are not nice as your's(love the funky flowers on.
                        good luck hun
                        proud mum 0f 8 years girl ..3 boys and wife for kind lovley corgi man. .

Comment

there were some at the craft fair I went to yesterday, they were £4 but not nearly as nice as yours, I would pay £10 for one of yours in the photo, I think they're lovely
                          http://www.berninacavies.piczo.com

Comment

It's so pretty, just like all of your gorgeous things!

I would try selling it in a set with other matching items, maybe a carrier bag holder and something else. That way customers don't see the individual price of each item just one price for all, and when all the items match customers will pay more.

Leanna
                            www.purethoughts.co.uk
                            Natural soaps and skincare, handmade from beginning to end...

Pure Thoughts Newsletter - Free samples for 50 new subscribers every month

Comment

Working...
                            X