Papered jewellery box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papered jewellery box

It was my friends birthday this week so I decorated a plain wooden jewellery box with some rose print paper I had in my stash. I think it worked out ok and my friend loved it. Phew!

IMG_0208.JPG

Sorry for the small pic, I had to shrink it and it shrunk a bit too much
    Add me please www.facebook.com/nappycakes1511

It looks good and I feel sure other people would want to buy one.

One small point are the edges on the top slightly ragged? You could get a cleaner cut if you use a sharp craft blade with the papered side face down on a cutting mat and using the curved edge of the lid to keep the blade cutting true. The paper would need to be completely dry by the way.

Roger

Comment

Yeah once I stuck the paper down on the lid I realised the paper was sticking over the edge slightly so I tried to trim it with my craft knife and it didn't go well. Annoyingly the ragged bit shows up clearly on the camera but it's not as noticible in real life. I guess that's a good thing lol

Thanks Roger, if I try this again I'll cut it the way you said. I hadn't thought of that.
      Add me please www.facebook.com/nappycakes1511

Comment

You might also want to seal the paper to stop it getting dirty. Any good varnish should work well.

Roger

Comment

Pretty box. If, despite your best measuring and careful cutting, you still get a slight overlap boo-boo you can try lightly sanding (or inking first, then sanding) the edges to give a distressed look. It works very well on boxes and can be a life saver on oddly shaped things. Modge podge is great for sticking and glazing or there are loads of sprays and varnishes on the market

Comment

Working...
          X