X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest frock

This is the latest dress that I've finished making

http://princessprudencediaries.blogs....html#comments

I've made a few dresses now, and this is by far the best I've made. The fit is perfect, the zip is certainly the best one I've put in and I'm so pleased with the finish. The material was a little see through, which meant I had to fully line the dress, and I think that has added to quality of the finish and from now on I think I'll endeavour to line all of my dresses. It's a bit of extra work, but it's a nicer finish, particuarly around the zip. If anyone is interested I can let you know the pattern number, now I've got to make another one in a different fabric for my mum, and another for my friend for her birthday.
    Princess Prudence
    Keep Calm and Carry on!
    I just love to sew and make things!

Read all about my life and times at my blog: http://princessprudencediaries.blogspot.com

Find me on twitter: @princesspru10

I love it I really wish I was talented enough to make something like that, I can never find clothes I like and to be able to make the style you want in the fabric and colours you like must be fantastic - so jealous.

Maybe I'll have to get my mum to teach me as she used to make me clothes when I was little and a few years ago while looking through all her fabric in the loft we came across a half finished dress she was making for herself in the 70's.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
      I love it I really wish I was talented enough to make something like that, I can never find clothes I like and to be able to make the style you want in the fabric and colours you like must be fantastic - so jealous.

Maybe I'll have to get my mum to teach me as she used to make me clothes when I was little and a few years ago while looking through all her fabric in the loft we came across a half finished dress she was making for herself in the 70's.
      I've had a sewing machine for sometime, but only started making clothes last year. That was from a standing start, no lessons or anything and I've come on such a long way in a year. I would really recommend giving it a go. I found the best way to learn was to buy a really easy sewing pattern and to work through it very very slowly, following the instructions to the letter. Go for it, it's quite nice knowing that know one else is going to be wearing the same frock.
      Princess Prudence
      Keep Calm and Carry on!
      I just love to sew and make things!

Read all about my life and times at my blog: http://princessprudencediaries.blogspot.com

Find me on twitter: @princesspru10

Comment

I have left a comment on your blog.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

very nice dress ... I'm going to try making clothes. A simple top first I think!

Comment

Really nice dress. Ive been thinking about doing a dress making course recently and you've now inspired me to give it a go.
            Claire

www.bellabluebespoke.co.uk

Comment

Its fabulous!! worth your talent and effort!!

Comment

Love the material. It looks great!
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                X