Chainmaille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainmaille

Am doing chainmaille....and am loving it...am making a Rhinos snorting drano pattern...Just had to share

Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Sounds intriguing! What's a drano?

Comment

Errrrr I have no idea...am just following a pattern found on the internet.... And that's what it's called....tis my first time and I know NONE of the technical terms lol
      Last edited by Loody; 01-05-2011, 03:54 PM.
      Sarah x

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

I googled it and it's the name of a chainmaille weave - well, it's certainly a creative name for a weave by some clever person! Very catchy indeed!

Comment

Certainly is....And the very clever person writes a great and easily followable (think I just made up a new word there) tutorial
          Sarah x

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

We need to see some photos, please, Sarah!!!

It's a pattern I've come across but not tried yet - so many weaves, so little time!!!

Sarah Gail Designs
            Sarah Gail Designs on Facebook
            Crafty Cat Events
            Crafty Cat Events on Facebook

Comment

It turned out ok...but used rubbish rings! Tried Half Persian 3-1, but couldn't do it at all...
              Am trying byzantine atm but it's not going well.....am not a natural 'mailler' I think
              Sarah x

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

well, i'm so sad, came onto forum, this isthe first thread i looked at and off to google i went, just spent the last 15 mins making some, blooming fiddlly, but i love the feel of it.. so thanks for sharing!! x
                Nici

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Goblin-Dreams/33795458652
                Folksy: http://www.folksy.com/shops/goblindreams
                Blog:
                http://goblindreamer.Blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Loody View Post
                  It turned out ok...but used rubbish rings! Tried Half Persian 3-1, but couldn't do it at all...
                  Am trying byzantine atm but it's not going well.....am not a natural 'mailler' I think
                  Keep trying - it might just "click"!!

I like Beadsisters' rings - copper is good to start, as is bright aluminium.

However, since starting to order from Blue Buddha, I'm now addicted to their rings!! Their bright alu is SO shiny compared to the stuff I've had from Beadsisters. Think they must tumble polish them, so am going to try it with a batch of my other alu rings and see if that makes the diference!

Byzantine's a lovely weave. One of the first I felt really pleased with myself for cracking!! The sense of achievement I get every time I manage to "get" a new weave is immense!
                  Last edited by muffin789; 04-05-2011, 09:50 PM.

Sarah Gail Designs
                  Sarah Gail Designs on Facebook
                  Crafty Cat Events
                  Crafty Cat Events on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by muffin789 View Post
                    Keep trying - it might just "click"!!

I like Beadsisters' rings - copper is good to start, as is bright aluminium.

However, since starting to order from Blue Buddha, I'm now addicted to their rings!! Their bright alu is SO shiny compared to the stuff I've had from Beadsisters. Think they must tumble polish them, so am going to try it with a batch of my other alu rings and see if that makes the diference!

Byzantine's a lovely weave. One of the first I felt really pleased with myself for cracking!! The sense of achievement I get every time I manage to "get" a new weave is immense!
                    Ok....will get some decent rings and keep trying
                    Will post pics when/if successful
                    Sarah x

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Have conceded defeat!!!

Ok....have thrown the towel in....I CAN'T DO CHAINMAILLE!!!
                      I just do not have the knack at all......

Now....what to do with 600 jump rings.....hmmmmmmm
                      Sarah x

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Working...
                      X