Colapsable stepped display... your oppinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colapsable stepped display... your oppinions please

Furthering the the ideas of making practical, functional and easy to transport displays. This was todays creation.

steps001.jpg steps003.jpg steps002.jpg

steps004.jpg steps006.jpg steps005.jpg

steps007.jpg steps008.jpg steps009.jpg

The idea behind it is to have a set of stepped shelves that can be taken appart into a smaller more managable bundle. Whats your thoughts?

Drew
    Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
    our Facebook page
    follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

Superb! I couldn't really gauge the size but I am sure that if you offered that kind of thing to fit on 6ft wide tables, the kind you get at craft fairs you would get a lot of interest.You could also pitch a customisable version to market traders - like it a lot!
    Terry xxx
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
    Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Really good idea this Dean, very adaptable to by the look f it so you should be able to accommodate different peoples needs.

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Thanks for the comments, dimensions when built, 22" wide, 20" front to back, 14.5" high at tallest point, actual shelf depth 6.5" and risers are 3.5" high. at 22" you should easily get 3 on a standard craft table. Imagine trying to transport all that fully built? I made this out of 12mm ply that I had handy but im thinking 9mm would be sufficient and also lighter. I cant for the life of me remember the depth of a craft table but I'm sure that 20" is not to big.

Drew
        our Facebook page

Comment

Hi, looks great! How much would you be thinking of selling? I tend to use cardboard boxes which doubles up as storage during transport to stack up for display which is then light weight and free. However, it's not very sturdy, good for craft fairs but not so good for school fetes and bazaars. So I love your idea!

Catherine
          Catherine @ Pretty Butterflies
          --------------------------------------
          Facebook: on.fb.me/pb-uk

Comment

There's another idea Drew, Boxes that convert to shelving made of strong thin ply? Double as storage / transport and shelving.

Pete
            "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
            Facebook

Website

Comment

Hiya Catherine, click my facebook link in the sig, I will be updating on these items over the next few days. I know shamless way to get a follower lol but i wont break rules on the forum and FB is as good a way as any to keep people updated.

Drew
              Last edited by HandyWoodcrafts; 15-03-2011, 12:32 AM.
              our Facebook page

Comment

Very good idea, another one for you to toy with not saying you have nothing else better to do but how about a bag box, ie like the step but turned the other way and taller to hold bags of say 3 different sizes, shorter than the bags so they can be taken out easily when wrapping at the fairs.

Comment

Absolutely brilliant.

Marketed properly, there will be loads of people wanting these. Craft fair stands are so difficult to plan.

The depth of a craft table is usually 2'3" - 2'6" but can be slightly smaller than 2' (I know because my Gridwall is 2' deep and is a problem on narrower tables, which are fortunately in the minority). You should be fine with 20" as it gives a bit of flat table at the front.

Would love to see them in different widths, to fit a 6' table or smaller, like the ones you have. Maybe 3' would be good, then two could fit a 6' table - just thinking most small cars would struggle to accommodate 6' lengths.

When you have these for sale online, email me the link and when I do a craft fair display blog post I'll include your link and a pic.
                  digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
                  blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
                  hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
                  blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

I am in need of some better ways of displaying my wares at craft fairs - I also use cardboard boxes and it's difficult getting the display correct when you have different sized boxes!
                    Last edited by Curious Designs; 15-03-2011, 09:36 AM. Reason: Realised I already liked your page on FB!
                    For an eclectic range of cross stitch kits visit Midnight Curiosity

Comment

I have been trying to find something like that for years - found a couple of people prepared to make them and got quoted very silly money which I certainly can't afford. I think they were going to make them to the same standard as Hepplewhite and just didn't get it that they don't need to be to nice to look at (covered with a cloth who cares about French polishing?) and need to be light enough for us more mature ladies to be able to carry to and from the car, bearing in mind some of us make a number of journeys to unload and reload for a fair.

I tend to use cardboard boxes which doubles up as storage during transport to stack up for display which is then light weight and free. However, it's not very sturdy, good for craft fairs but not so good for school fetes and bazaars. So I love your idea!
                      me too!

Linda

Comment

Hiya and good morning to everyone

Thanks for the positive feed back. I am about to head off out and source materials once I have done so I will update Facebook with costs. I can do different sizes 36" will probably be the largest, I just want to point out that in doing different sizes the cost varies as what I will be doing is looking at the optimum use for a sheet of material giving me less waste. This will hopefully keep costs so a minimum.

Drew
                        our Facebook page

Comment

Drew they look great - i saw some once that were screwless- the guy had cut slits into the shelves and they slid into a slit on the frame
                          Chris xx
                          My Website
                          My Blog

Comment

They look great - does this mean I will have to replace my selection of picnic hampers that I use?
                            Blog: http://rosmademe.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kiamyka View Post
                              Drew they look great - i saw some once that were screwless- the guy had cut slits into the shelves and they slid into a slit on the frame
                              I have toyed with this idea aswell but my feelings are the more work you put into an item the more expensive the finished product is. I am a great beleiver in the KISS solution and knowing how a lot of people struggle to make ends meet my aim is to offer affordability but at the same time offer something that will hopefully enhance their own craft aswell. However we also aim in the future to offer more aesthetically pleasing ones that wont require covering with a cloth for people with a "coughs" bigger budget.

Originally posted by Roslet View Post
                              They look great - does this mean I will have to replace my selection of picnic hampers that I use?
                              Well Roslet, I think you know what my answer to that would be lol but in reality your the one who has to decide.

Drew
                              our Facebook page

Comment

Working...
                              X