Had a phone call.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a phone call.........

yesterday asking if I had a salad bowl. I said no, I had other bowls though and they asked if it was OK to pop in and see. Of course I said get lst I don't wan to sell you anything but they came anyway LOL. I had a very rustic bowl on the table at the time that they immediately fell in love with and bought there and then not blinking an eyelid at the price on it. They then asked if I could do a bowl and I said I'd go have a look what wood I had and came back apologetically saying I only had a piece of cedar that was wide enough (14" but not deep enough. They asked me to make a platter out of it to be collected this morning any way as they had another wedding coming up and they liked my work. Went down the club as I couldn't turn it that big in my shed and knocked it up and found a girt lump of wood while I was there that should make a 14" diameter 4" deep salad bowl. Turned up this morning pad for the one I did last night again no eyelid batting involved and said go ahead with the salad bowl. Now if every day was like that I could actually make a fairly good living.

The privet root bowl they fell in love with and bought straight off

The 14" diameter cedar platter knocked up quickly last night

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Well done you:-)

Days like that are great.

Maybe you ought to put your prices up if that didn't query the price;-)

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
      Well done you:-)

Days like that are great.

Maybe you ought to put your prices up if that didn't query the price;-)

Jane
      Don't you start LOL. I have someone else nagging me about being too cheap.

Thanks though. It's always nice to sell but somehow selling like that seems really good,

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Well done Pete, they are both lovely pieces. Could do with a few more clients like that but you never know what might come of it if they are out of the local area too they might spread the word about Bodrighy Wood with any luck. Hope their friends have the same taste.

Mo. XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Woohooo! yes please to more days like that! Love the privet bowl

Well done,
          my folksy
          Kryshees Blog
          www.kryshees.com

Comment

Woooohooooo! Congratulations!!! How did they find you - did you ask?

Really cool...very happy for you! Hope they buy more!!

Comment

Excellent, lets hope they recommend you to plenty of other people too

cj
              www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
              Become a facebook fan
              Check out my blog

Comment

Well done Pete, and just the other week you posted the privet bowl and there you go it sold, and 2 more to boot.
                Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
                our Facebook page
                follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

Comment

What a great day, Pete! We could all do with customers like that. Mind you I am not surprised they bought a lot - your work is great! (I won't mention pricing as I don't want to get shouted at, but....)

Congratulations!!
                  Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                  Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                  Follow me on Twitter:
                  @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Well done, great day for your indeed.
                    If you dont have a go ................... you will never know

https://www.facebook.com/HatPiece

www.HatPiece.co.uk

Comment

Cripes Pete, am so in awe of your artistic talent and skill... to say nothing of your salesmanship. Totally brilliant!
                      Blog: http://rosmademe.blogspot.com

Comment

What a great day for you, well done
                        Lisa x
                        http://www.dreamstardiary.blogspot.com
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/cottonsanddreams/
                        New Blog http://stylesofcooking.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Roslet View Post
                          Cripes Pete, am so in awe of your artistic talent and skill... to say nothing of your salesmanship. Totally brilliant!

Thank you Ros but you needn't be, set me loose with some knitting needles and we'll see which one of us is the most skillful LOL. I can make them but not use them. And I am no salesman, in fact I am lousy at it.

Pete
                          Facebook

Website

Comment

Well Pete you must have done something right for them to take 3 bits from you. The customer service is as much a sales tool as having the gift of the gab so the quick turn around of the platter probably impressed them. IMO things like that speak volumes.

Drew
                            Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
                            our Facebook page
                            follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

Comment

A perfect day. may there be many more and the bowls look great
                              Lucie Simmons
                              Angels and Diamonds

<3 <3 ***** An angel in the mist, a diamond in the rough, a heart made of gold, jewellery made with love *****<3 <3

My Website www.angels-and-diamonds.co.uk
                              Facebook:www.facebook.com/angelsanddiamonds
                              My Blog: http://angels-and-diamonds.blogspot.com
                              My Folksy Store: www.folksy.com/shops/AngelsandDiamonds

Comment

Working...
                              X