Todays output.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays output.

Thanks to a friend I have been endeavoring to make some different types of spindles. An hour with an expert soon showed me where I had been going wrong with some of the ones that I had been making before. This is today's efforts. All of them weigh under 50 gm and most under 30. Lightest is 19. Heaviest are the ones with lead whorls. They are two roman whorls and one medieval one, all genuine that she wanted mounted.
    Click o the thumbnails as usual for larger images if you are that interested

These are made with a medieval whorl and two roman whorls made of lead.

These are based on one that a spinning fanatic friend brought to show me, French spindles, small and decorated

And these are two bottom, one top spindles made to the new specs.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Goodness Pete you have been busy today, all beautifully turned and finished as usual. Would love to know how they are used, the bottom ones I have seen used but the middle and top I have no idea.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Excelent work Pete, your spinning wood for wool spinners.....eek everything is in a spin.

Drew
      Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
      our Facebook page
      follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

Comment

Originally posted by HandyWoodcrafts View Post
        Excelent work Pete, your spinning wood for wool spinners.....eek everything is in a spin.

Drew
        There are spinning addicts just like turning addicts Drew, collecting spindles is cheaper than collecting lathes though LOL. I have identified about 30 different types so far and there are a load mre out there, some really obscure ones. I am ging to try and get one of each type in my sop and have then made to order.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
          Goodness Pete you have been busy today, all beautifully turned and finished as usual. Would love to know how they are used, the bottom ones I have seen used but the middle and top I have no idea.

Mo.XX
          Video of someone using a french spindle. Its a plain one but the method is apparently the same.

Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
          X