Plier rack with a twist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plier rack with a twist.

Firstly I want to thank Mo for suggesting this to me. It's basically a rack for holding your pliers I reckon that most small plyers are no more than 1/2" wide but I allowed for 3/4" each. The twist is there is a rail built in to hold reels of wire.

plyerrack006.jpg plyerrack003.jpg plyerrack005.jpg plyerrack002.jpg plyerrack001.jpg plyerrack004.jpg

This is 12.5" wide with 10" space for hanging your pliers and reels and 12" tall it its highest point its is approximatly 5.5" deep, the reel rail is removable and one of the turned ends is glued in place with the other removable for adding or removing reels. It is designed to hold 4" diameter reels. I hope once again that this is something that people will like and need to help them with their crafting.

Drew
    Our Website & Blog (work in Progress)
    our Facebook page
    follow me on Twitter @handywoodcrafts

You need one of the jewellers to tell you how useful or practical this is for them but I like the way you are thinking these things out and coming up with ideas. Keep 'em coming, these could well be your bread and butter pieces.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

Well hopefully I can get some orders if people like them, the website is now getting sorted and hopefully will be up and running soon.

Drew
      our Facebook page

Comment

Drew,
        Great ideas but could I offer a word of caution. If you are actually selling something as a plier rack then I believe it needs to be safe if used in the manner suggested. The picture shows the pliers sticking up with the cutting edges uppermost and is I believe a safety risk.
        Pat Murphy

http://www.gladturnings.co.uk
        https://www.facebook.com/GladTurnings.Woodturning

Comment

Like it a lot - Palmer Metals have a very similar one but I like your added reel storage bit.
          Terry xxx
          You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
          Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Originally posted by woodturningpat View Post
            Drew,
            Great ideas but could I offer a word of caution. If you are actually selling something as a plier rack then I believe it needs to be safe if used in the manner suggested. The picture shows the pliers sticking up with the cutting edges uppermost and is I believe a safety risk.

Saftey is paramount but I believe that as jewellers have so many sets of pliers and the tips seem to be something they don't want damaged, this is the most practical solution as they can see which one to choose easily. Not all pliers are for cutting some and for twisting, ball nose, etc. The idea is to have this at the back of your table and you will actually take the plyers of by the handle there is no need to approach this rack from the top. Saftey aspects have been considerd and as it is stable and if used in the maner it is designed for then it should not pose a threat. It is not as if it has sharp points sticking out the way that would cause ingury of someone walked into it. If it was knocked over the plyers would actually fall of of it.

Drew
            our Facebook page

Comment

I really like this, I have also seen similar with pliers facing upwards but like the additional holder on this one. I would like the rod that is holding the ribbons in the picutre to be slightly higher so that a rolls of silver plated wire could be hung from it. I think it would look great in the workroom at the shop, how much are they? Also, some of the tools in jewellery making are 3inch long (see beadsmith) and if you did a little rack for those I would also get some for the shop.

At the moment they lay all over the tables or on a glass plate and that looks a little messy.

My email is [email protected] if you could do either of the above.

I think they do really have a good future.

Comment

Just another thought, the smaller 3 inch plier rack doesn't need to have a rod.

Comment

If you could PM me, I have another item I would be intersted to get a cost on. It holds the chain whilst people add jewellery embellishments to it.

My shop has a wooden floor, wooden tables and chairs etc, so wooden accessories would look better in it than plastic ones.

Thanks
                  Trish
                  [email protected]

Comment

I also like the idea - and it's more practical than a lot of the single bar racks that seem to be available. I wouldn't have any use at all for the spool holder though, so would prefer a version without.
                    george
                    www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                    www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                    www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

I agree, I think a lot of people would like a plain rack wihtout the rod at home and there is a market for both versions.

Comment

@Trish I will e-mail you shortly if thats ok.

@mizgeorge making it without the rail isn't a problem

Drew
                        our Facebook page

Comment

The stand for the little pliers could be done on a carousel if it is free standing using a lazy susan. Perhaps get the hairy chested one to make one up and see what ideas come out of it. Takes up a lot less room.

pete
                          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                          Facebook

Website

Comment

Hi Drew, that will be great thanks [email protected]. A lot of the stuff on the market at the moment is plastic and by their very nature people who like craft prefer handmade more natural objects around them. I will pick up my messages tomorrow morning if not tonight because the shop is closed tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                              The stand for the little pliers could be done on a carousel if it is free standing using a lazy susan. Perhaps get the hairy chested one to make one up and see what ideas come out of it. Takes up a lot less room.

pete
                              Pete !! That's no way to refer to Donna LOL

Mo.XX
                              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                              www.bodrighy.co.uk
                              https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
                              X