Tell me if it's too much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me if it's too much

Did these today. I haven't really done much in the way of gilding so it's all a bit of an experiment. If I am posting too much tell me and I'll stop
    Both were made with a piece of wood I found buried under shavings and had forgotten. Amazing what a good clean out can reveal. I think it is a wood called bubinga, not too sure though. They are both approx 6 - 6 1/2" diameter and about 2 1/2" tall.

Click thumbnail for full sized image

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

They are great and I never tire of seeing your work :-) They have a really tight grain though which is something I haven't seen for a while :-)
    guilt round the lip looks fab too :-)

Well Done ! :-)

Francesca
    * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
    Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

Commented on your blog too. I really like the guilding

cj
      www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
      Become a facebook fan
      Check out my blog

Comment

Pete what is the forum for if not for showing off our makes. Show away, that way there is always something of interest to look at.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Is the singular of guilding - guilt ? ! or has my English got to pot again ?

Francesca

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

It is gild and gilding. gilt is the stuff you put on either as a varnish, a polish or paste. Guilt is what you feel when you pick holes in people and take the mick out of them LOL. A guild is like a club, often of craftspeople or trades people.

Pete
            "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
            Facebook

Website

Comment

Pete, I think it is disgusting how much you are posting!! If you are not careful you will catch up with Carol and that'll never do!!!

The bowls look fab by the way. I think the gilding gives a nice extra detail to them!
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

auch ! its all to confuddling to me - they look great anyway ! with the gold shiney stuff round the lip !

Francesca

Comment

Originally posted by indri View Post
                  Pete, I think it is disgusting how much you are posting!! If you are not careful you will catch up with Carol and that'll never do!!!

The bowls look fab by the way. I think the gilding gives a nice extra detail to them!

Oh dear, OK I'll stop posting things then. I am sorry.

Pete in deference to the mods
                  Facebook

Website

Comment

You only have to post another 6000 times to catch up with Carol...... do you think you can manage that?
                    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

You only have to post another 6000 times to catch up with Carol...... do you think you can manage that?

I'll try
                      Pete
                      Facebook

Website

Comment

I'll try
                        Pete
                        Facebook

Website

Comment

You'll have to try much much harder Pete!
                          I quite like the combo, but (now this could be my evening tipple talking) it looks a bit cairo-esk...almost egyptian. All the dark with the gilt. I think I have a love hate relationship with all things pyraminds.

But I do like it, I doo!!!
                          my folksy
                          Kryshees Blog
                          www.kryshees.com

Comment

No I don't think it looks that Egyptian - I think if there was bright blue paint there along with the gold then you might be nearer the Egyptian look. I'll have to go and check out my local museum to double check the Egyptian thing while the temporary exhibition is on.....
                            View my flickr

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                              It is gild and gilding. gilt is the stuff you put on either as a varnish, a polish or paste. Guilt is what you feel when you pick holes in people and take the mick out of them LOL. A guild is like a club, often of craftspeople or trades people.

Pete
                              Love the gilded lips to the bowls especially the wider fluted edged one, nice shape too. And I don't feel in the least bit guilty taking the mick and I never pick holes in people, I find it can be rather messy. LOL

Mo.XX
                              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                              www.bodrighy.co.uk
                              https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
                              X